Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sikkani chief bison draw help

Re: Sikkani chief bison draw help

So just to be clear, even if there was enough snow for our time period in October, there is no motorized vehicle we could take off the trail and into Zone C? Our options are horse or foot...?

No engine unless your enjun

Ain’t that the truth

Man sounds like the bison hunt went south? If one can’t simply go up there with some ATVs and get your meat, why even put it out there? They changed the zones, one is useless and not sure of the other...been putting in since 1995 and nothing, but with these new zones may not bother anymore..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Hello all, we too,(my daughter and I) have drawn bison October 1, If there’s someone who has time and willingness to share info on accommodations, both in cabins lodge or a good area to plan on wall tents to camp it would be very appreciated. She is well accustomed to camping and hiking as she has hiked Tuchodi for elk but would really like to prepare for a successful hunt. Zone is 42-c and am open to all ideas. Pm please with number thanks in advance

If you take a good look at the regs and read about the bison in the area, you’ll find they’ve changed the zones to basically stop the spread of the bison beyond the north and south boundaries of the new LEH. If you look north and south of the LEH boundaries, bison is actually open, no LEH required now. They’re trying to keep a strong herd in that area and not have it spill out.

How likely to actually find any bison in the north and south areas around the LEH tho?

I have a few days to spend up there, (Sat-Mon) until the rest of the group, with LEH tags comes in. Wondering if I should bother with a tag for the GOS. Will be in the north area above LEH zone, but will concentrate on moose.

I'm also looking for accommodation possibilities but for Nov. 4th-19th. I have heard there cabins for rent from the Blueberry band. Anyone know if that is still possible?
    CARNIVOROUS MAXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by 6 K View Post
    I'm also looking for accommodation possibilities but for Nov. 4th-19th. I have heard there cabins for rent from the Blueberry band. Anyone know if that is still possible?
    As of a couple weeks ago Vern says they are renting cabins and allowing access to the ranch (for their fee).

Hello everyone.
    Can anyone help me with some direction how to get to the famous airstrip.
    We got a LEH for bison beginning October 16 on 7-42D and we are trying to find a spot to camp around there.
    Nobody in our group is familiar with the area and we are thinking that we might be able to drive the campers to the airstrip that everyone is talking about.
    If anyone knows and is willing to share some directions how we can get there will be greatly appreciated.
    And also we are willing to rent a cabin in that are also but I couldn't find anything online so info on that will be very helpful also.
    Thank you very much.