Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull moose 6-02 zone B

Bull moose 6-02 zone B

So drew a moose tag, it was my second choice don’t know the area well and I’m coming from the island. I know I will get shit for putting into an area with no knowledge. I understand it’s boat access only. I have a 16ft Starcraft aluminum with a 75 hp motor so boat wise should be good. Any information or help about boat launch is much appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bull moose 6-02 zone B

I think its fly in access only.

6-02B is a huge zone with tons of access off the water. Research boating on Ootsa as it is a flooded reservoir with many challenges. Launch anywhere on the west end of Ootsa and head to the south side of the lake and start looking.

Second choice draw for moose? Must be a doozy
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

They have that brand new Ursa Minor Brewing that is right on the lake. I am headed there this weekend for a get away. Will see if I can get you any info.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Call nick at lake District air and book yourself a flight.

X2 on calling Nick at LD air, but take the info with a grain of salt, he hunts the area too.

We flew in (with a friend) 2 years ago and did well. I’ll pm you with some info later tonight.

Shit. There now that's over with have a great hunt in a very unique area. Boating in, hmm. Flying in is a better idea. And you get to see neat things from the air. Ootsa is a fluctuating lake. You tied up boat could be high and dry when you went to go some where.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Thanks for info. I was on understanding boating it would ok. But if people who have been there feels it’s sketchy I will try to listen..... will check in on cost of flight and see if we can swing it. Really liked the idea of a boat trip but fly in would be really awesome as well. Open to more ideas and opinions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StuBrown View Post
    They have that brand new Ursa Minor Brewing that is right on the lake. I am headed there this weekend for a get away. Will see if I can get you any info.
    Ha ha if you are talking little bear ranch.... good luck
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit