Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulameen River Rd to Tulameen town open?

Tulameen River Rd to Tulameen town open?

Has anyone been through the Tulameen River Rd that takes you to Tulameen town this year? What are the conditions like?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tulameen River Rd to Tulameen town open?

Son and Son In Law did Lawless to Britton, Tulameen River FSR and over the hill to the mine and Coalmont to Tulameen yesterday, no problems.
    If you are just heading from the COQ to Tulameen, Lawless is better than the River Road.

Oh ok. I thought the Tulameen River FSR was a faster route to Tulameen. Last time going through there was 2017 but heard it was closed off for 2018 due to poor road conditions

Faster but not by much. There are 2 area's of concern. If anyone in the car is one of "those" passengers, take Lawless!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Faster but not by much. There are 2 area's of concern. If anyone in the car is one of "those" passengers, take Lawless!!
    Yup, a few years ago took my Nephew and his Wife on the River Road / Lawless loop.
    At one of those "areas of concern" I looked in the rear view mirror and they were laying on the floor, afraid to look over the edge.
    Not a road you want to be on in some spots if you meet a vehicle coming the other way.
    A nice ride on an ATV, a bit harrowing at times in a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Yup, a few years ago took my Nephew and his Wife on the River Road / Lawless loop.
    At one of those "areas of concern" I looked in the rear view mirror and they were laying on the floor, afraid to look over the edge.
    Not a road you want to be on in some spots if you meet a vehicle coming the other way.
    A nice ride on an ATV, a bit harrowing at times in a truck.
    Once followed a guy into town, he was towing a 5th wheel. It was like watching a Nascar race. Just waiting for something to go wrong. It didn't but it was still crazy!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Hunted that are for many years....still hate that road....if my Lady comes with me, I have to promise her we will not be going THERE!!

When a couple of the sluffs happened and for awhile after, it did test your nerves, especially if it was wet. Driving a 3500 crew long box made one spot tricky IIRC.

I think we've all convinced the OP to take Lawless.

Yeah I think I'll take Lawless when I go this weekend. Then loop over to the Tulameen FSR on the Tulameen side of town. That the first 5 km of the Tulameen FSR from town had a lot of nice bears the last time I went in 2017. Not sure if that's still the case. Any tips on where else to search for bears in/around Tulameen area would be much appreciated since I've got one more bear tag left

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBone View Post
    Yeah I think I'll take Lawless when I go this weekend. Then loop over to the Tulameen FSR on the Tulameen side of town. That the first 5 km of the Tulameen FSR from town had a lot of nice bears the last time I went in 2017. Not sure if that's still the case. Any tips on where else to search for bears in/around Tulameen area would be much appreciated since I've got one more bear tag left
    The road along the Tulameen River from Tulameen is known better as the "River Road", the Tulameen River FSR is the one that goes past Jacobson Lake.
    Son has been all around the area in the past few weeks, bears sighted up Cook Creek, Connelly, Lodestone, just hasn't pulled the trigger yet. Was up Rabbitt last week just hiking with the mutts and didn't see anything, someone else I know saw lots there. I'm heading up tomorrow, if I see anything in my travels ( no hunting this trip ) or hear anything I'll get back to you.