Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiking Boots in Lower Mainland?

Hiking Boots in Lower Mainland?

Hey, where does a guy go for boots these days...or does everyone order online...and who makes the best boots? Last pair I bought were Kennetreks which I bought when we were on vaction in Oregon, they're are a great boot and still in great shape but my feet have flattened out and now my toes rub, I've also heard they aren't as good as they once were......
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hiking Boots in Lower Mainland?

Great post ! I would like to know the same thing ! Does any boot/shoe salesperson know anything about fitment anymore ? Last time I bought a pair of boots from MEC ( yes I know MEC ) the girl did not have clue . I think it’s a lost skill as many other things as well ! Speaking of lost skills think I might start another thread LOL !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I got a post on facebook too..so far I got:

Valhalla Pure for Hanwags
    Great North Precision in Kelowna for Crispis
    and a recommendation for Danners..

I've had a pair of Hanwags which were good until the tongue seam started rubbing although I used to tie my lower laces super tight and then we did lots of water crossings soaking the leather and I think they dried funny..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I retired as bootfitter for Coast Mtn. Sports, and know what I am about concerning mountain boots. Look for a shop where the staff were trained in the Oren system, but, I cannot recommend one now.

MEC, sucks and most of their staff are bozos.

I like Hanwags and Scarpas and Valhalla Pure, here in Abby, was ok for me to buy my last pair.

Bought my Hanwags in the fall at the Valhalla Pure in Abbotsford. The girl was super helpful and patient, I tried on lots of pairs of boots. I tried on a few different brands as well. They don't seem anti hunting at all, and I even saw some mystery ranch packs in there. I have bought quite a bit of outdoors stuff from that location, I will use them predominantly for my stuff from now on.
    Don't expect the same service at the Vancouver location, I have been quite disappointed with the service at that location (they were really nice, but didn't offer much in the way of help or advice/product knowledge).

Yeah I think I'll go try some hanwags on at Valhalla...the fact that MEC supports organizations that campaign to end hunting means going there is like buying sockeye from the Indians LOL

I'd like to try some Crispis, everyone says they are an excellent boot...I really liked my Kenetreks, is there any truth to what I heard aboiut them not being as good as they used to be?

Atmosphere sell Scarpa's amongst other brands and last year gave a very generous discount to BCWF members

I asked them at Valhalla in Abby if they were against hunting and I didn’t get the impression they were pro hunting, they weren’t anti hunting either. The girl I spoke to said she had helped lots of sheep hunters get set up. The prices are the same as everywhere but it seems like they have some good sale prices pretty regularly.

I’ve had great experiences at Valhalla Pure in Abby for boots. I’ve also purchased Arctyrex (spelling) clothing there for my mid and base layers.

Another vote for VPO in abby