Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aging Deer Heart and/or Liver.

Re: Aging Deer Heart and/or Liver.

I eat the heart right away. Probably the best roast on the animal. The liver I have eaten it right away in camp too, but usually would soak it in water for a day. Somthing an oldtimer told me once and have always done it.
    Tim

I like what you said mulies, I will definitely try that.
    Tim

I usually have a peice of fresh liver for dinner the day I shoot the game, Heart goes in the freezer, but its the first to get cooked!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

try this, do you make turky stuffing, well make it and stuff the heart and bake it, then slice it through the stuffing and enjoy, its sooooo good, liver, soke it in butter milk, toss it in flower, and into the frypan with onions, and cook till done, sooooo good, and if you wish to keep till later date, then bag and toss into frezer right away, fresh like,, will keep good when frozen when fresh,,, sounds tast to me...

Liver has a membrane around it, it can be sliced and then peeled off with your fingers. it's good to soak heart and kidneys overnight in some salt water, to leech out blood and..other stuff.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!