Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rain Gear

Re: Rain Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    I have firstlite seak jacket and kuiu rain pants. I love them keeps me dry except my feet, need to buy better boots.
    I had to sit this spring bear hunt during some thunder showers with it pouring rain and I was dry. Also a plus is that it drys fast
    What's your location? Pushing island bush seems to call for a different level of rain gear!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    What's your location? Pushing island bush seems to call for a different level of rain gear!
    Im in the interior. Will be for spring island bear, later interior fall mule deer season and northern adventures like the one coming up. I am really leaning towards the Sitka Stormfront, and as Rackmaster said, their support for WSSBC which I am a life member of and will continue to support is just another reason to support them. Too bad they offer free shipping or other promo's to the USA but sweet piss all to us Canadian boys even though it came from Vancouver
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

There are a couple websites that I have bought Sitka gear from with reasonable shipping from the states. Oneshotgear, blackovis, camofire have all been good. Some have 10% off promo codes floating around too.

I just picked up a set of Sitka cyclone pants and jacket new with tags in youth large for $150. What a steal.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest the Land View Post
    Consider Kryptek Takur series. Buy once cry once
    I own Kryptek and really like it....BUT their warranty SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    I am really leaning towards the Sitka Stormfront, their support for WSSBC which I am a life member of and will continue to support is just another reason to support them.
    First Lite is also a huge supporter of conservation groups. Their customer service is amazing too. They are based in Idaho, but their founder/owner has roots in Rossland. The Seak line is on par with the other heavy duty lines. Arcteryx Leaf is great, but all their gear is manufactured in China now as well.

For those talking about waterproof boots, try a set of Seal Skinz socks. My “Goretex” boots wet through if I even just walk in wet grass. They are awesome in every other way, so I spent $40 on Seal Skinz as a Hail Mary before a fall deer trip. They are fantastic.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Do your feet overheat with the seal skinz socks? I run darn tough socks but thinking about buying a pair of these to try out on my sheep hunt this August.

Kuiu is not gortex. Gortex is the best material out there for trade offs between breathability and waterproofness. I have Kuiu pants and they are great to hike in and breath well but not nearly as water proof as gortex, also not very durable. HH I use for work in the bush. They keep you dry unless you are hiking and you sweat like a *******. Great for those west coast deluges and surprisingly tough. Sitka has been awesome. Not as breathable as Kuiu but way more waterproof and tough. Arc’teryx, in my experience, has terrible warranty and customer service and I hear they are having issues with returns in the last few years. I have a few jackets, packs, and pants. The older stuff was better. I’ve worked in the bush for over 25 years and hunt. So my stuff is not couch tested - but I don’t sheep hunt - the ultimate test. I don’t use my hunting gear for work cause its too expensive. Wish I could.
    Last edited by Treed; 07-03-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Dewpoint tops and bottoms...not the most durable but thats the trade off for how light and packable they are.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Do your feet overheat with the seal skinz socks? I run darn tough socks but thinking about buying a pair of these to try out on my sheep hunt this August.
    They didn’t the few times I’ve used them, but that was with a couple of cms of snow on the ground. Early season snow type conditions so it was starting to melt by 10:00 or so. I will use them more this year, but I was pleased with them so far. I bought the mid weight ones that they say are good for hiking. They feel a bit funny when you first put them on, but I found them to be quite comfortable.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.