Thread: Best gun boot?

Best gun boot?

Looking at getting a gun boot / hard case for my atv. Any recommendations? Seems like the kolpin set up may be the best bang for my buck.
    Gold Bond Application Artist

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best gun boot?

i bought the kolpin stronghold and its by far the best one i have ever used little harder to get the gun out of the boot than the gun boot 6.0 but way better protection. also the mount system is way more heavy duty and sturdy.

I agree with bchunter181 - I had the same experience and results.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchunter181 View Post
    i bought the kolpin stronghold and its by far the best one i have ever used little harder to get the gun out of the boot than the gun boot 6.0 but way better protection. also the mount system is way more heavy duty and sturdy.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

Whats u gun and scope? Most of mine rifles don't work with any on the market. I can put 2 of them in a kolpin and are not long enough to to need the club foot top . There good if u have a 26" barrel and 50mm scope.
    Last edited by MRP; 06-16-2020 at 07:34 PM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

I dont know how other people mount their Kolpin gun boots, But I did not like their system at all. It put the gun too high and it amplified the bumps through the bracket and made the boot/my gun whip back and fourth. I never would have noticed it if it werent for my dad behind me watching. I changed to the rhino grips on my front rack and now I can watch the gun, and easier access in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-brown View Post
    I dont know how other people mount their Kolpin gun boots, But I did not like their system at all. It put the gun too high and it amplified the bumps through the bracket and made the boot/my gun whip back and fourth. I never would have noticed it if it werent for my dad behind me watching. I changed to the rhino grips on my front rack and now I can watch the gun, and easier access in my opinion

which system did you have the kolpin iv or 6.0 there mounts to that a bit but the stronghold is 10 times heavier duty and doesnt move on my quad at all. i have had the rhino grips and they are great but when moose hunting the gun is covered in mud,snow,water. also the stronghold yo can adjust the angle you have it on.

I had the boottector bracket (so says their website) and I tried a hoop style (didnt get the gun at an angle I liked into the foot well)
    I use a solohuntr soft case for my rifle now in the rhinogrips. Keeps it clean an dry. Works for me is all.
    Last edited by tyler-brown; 06-17-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bchunter181 View Post
    could not have said it better.. it's THE best one out there..by far..ever..sturdy..has remove able soft gun case with zipper, mount is fast to load unload..it is stable. .many mounting angles..
    Solid sturdy..like the man said..buy it enjoy it..make your firearms safe but access able. .
    Srupp

Another fan of the Stronghold. Upgraded from the IV last year, way better.

Thanks all!
    Gold Bond Application Artist