Thread: New satellite communication device

New satellite communication device

This new satellite communication device looks promising kind of like an inreach without the screen you use your cell phone to type everything out. It runs on the Iridium satellite Network. Has anyone been using one of these

https://www.zoleo.com/en-ca/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New satellite communication device

It apparently will transmit over satellite as well as cellular and Wi-Fi.

They would need to prove themselves before I ever thought of it. Someone posted this here a while back. I'll stick with my inreach for now.

Just read a post from the 4wheel drive club. Looks like afew have been testing it with excellent results.

Seems interesting, does not appear to offer any form of tracking, just manual check in and pretty much must be paired with a smart phone . Tracking is not a big deal for everyone. but my preferred way to use them. I miss the unlimited free tracking on my old SPOT system. My current Inreach SE does not offer that at the minimum monthly charge rate, costs a lot more. At least with tracking on they will know where I was no more than 10 minutes ago if something every happened and if the location keeps changing ,I am still OK. No need to keep sending preset OK messages. Also the smart phone pairing on is for added versatility, the Spot and Inreach will provide many functions as stand alone units. Not sure about the Zoleo.

Hmm I have a new Global Gen x unit en route this morning , as I have been with Global for a long time I was " made " a global Ambassador. The Gen X unit seems to have the keyboard already on the unit .
    on the recent bear hunt it was exellent to not only be able to check in but to type messages..text with Susan as events evolved it saved hours and contributed to the success.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Spot Ambassador