Thread: suggestions for a new cell phone that's small & light?

suggestions for a new cell phone that's small & light?

My Samsung S3 mini has had a long run which is coming to an end.
    I like it's small size and weight which I can put it in any pocket no problem.
    Now I look at what's available and phone sizes/weight have increased quite a bit.
    Some smaller options I'm looking at are a refurbished S7 ~$200, or a S10e ~700+ which costs much more.

Any other suggestions outside Samsung? I'd prefer to stay Android but open to other suggestions.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: suggestions for a new cell phone that's small & light?

None at all is my recommendation!! I have a nokia flip phone for emergencies. When it dies I will be without a portable phone and life will be simpler.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

In need size for my old eyes. So I'm going to try a. Waterproof floating lanyard style case. I just about never use it a phone but as map and gps it's all I use.
    Last edited by MRP; 06-12-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

It's tough out there... I'm not much any help. My Samsung Galaxy S4 mini finally shit the bed. Well actually it still works for the most part. Just battery life is only about 4 hours, my work e-mail wont sync and I can only hear people if I put it on speakerphone... not ideal when you're in a sales job.

If I could get a new version of the same phone I would, but I figured I may as well get the best since it's my first new phone in 7 or 8 years. So now I got the S20 Ultra... If it was exactly the same phone but an inch and a half or so shorter i'd be really happy with it.

Check out the new Razor flip phone. I don't know anything about it but it's a small smartphone so might work for you.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    Check out the new Razor flip phone. I don't know anything about it but it's a small smartphone so might work for you.
    at $1500 I'm gonna keep looking

I started with a bag phone way back and have graduated to Apple 6 which is now 3 years old. Went with Apple because it ties to our other platforms.

Stay away from BLU as they are cheap garbage. I would look at Samsung again if I used mine more.