Thread: 6-9 early season moose hunting

6-9 early season moose hunting

So it looks like the southern Region 6 Oct moose bow season is no more. You know, because if the vast numbers of archery moose harvest in southern Region 6 that is affecting the populations.

I've always hunted moose during the rut. Any tips on how to bowhunt first week of Sept pre rut moose? So far, all I've got is go high. It's a little early for calling. Would raking brush be effective?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-9 early season moose hunting

spent all of bow season there last year..and the early draw there whole time.

the bears where eating eachother as all the ungulates are gone

Been there once dont care to go back unless it was for fishing.not sure why there are so many draws with the lack of animals.

Many threads regarding this topic. Again there is a good reason why the GOS is now 3 days

Hunting high meadows would be my strategy. There are moose just not so much near the main pressured areas, yes populations are down but its on the upswing in my opinion. Its any bull, pick a nice looking area and hunt, camp and enjoy. Its any bull

Early 6-09, head for water. Canoes and small puddles at first and last light have served me well. I’m a rifle guy, but point the bow at the moose and keep straight, it’s amazing how close a guy can get.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Early 6-09, head for water. Canoes and small puddles at first and last light have served me well. I’m a rifle guy, but point the bow at the moose and keep straight, it’s amazing how close a guy can get.
    Im with decker, hunt by canoe. High elevation lakes. If the wind is right and you have an educated paddler you can glide right up to them. Early moose is the best meat in the world

I've seen more bulls last year then the previous 10 years.... just need to know where to look.