Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulameen fsr for bear

Tulameen fsr for bear

Okay last weekend to find a bear. Does anyone know what the snow levels are like on Tulameen fsr from the Coq? Never hunted for bear there so let me know if I'm wasting my time there and maybe should head out Squamish way instead. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tulameen fsr for bear

The last weekend for you or of the season? Looks to me like the season is open until the end of June in that area.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    The last weekend for you or of the season? Looks to me like the season is open until the end of June in that area.
    Last weekend for me - then I'm tied up with work

We just returned from Tulameen, didn't get up that way but the Locals say it's clear of snow.
    Lots of bears in the Princeton / Tulameen are, Son has been thru there the last week, seen lots, just picky on what he shoots so nothing shot at yet.
    A fellow HBCer was renting a cabin across the road from us, got a nice big boar a few km out of town.

There was fresh snow up high Friday night and one road I still can't get into due to the high snow still on the road, but it's not a road you'll find if your new to the area. All other roads are open but one hill in particular is real greasy, if you don't have 4x4 and good recovery gear, if you see mud, turn around!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

i seen two bears out princeton way. pike mountain service road. lots of fresh scat.

Tulameen is going good right now. Depending on how big of a bear you are looking for. We saw 5 bears last weekend but only want a 6' bear or bigger.

There was a really nice Cinnamon Bear in the Manning Park Lodge Parking Lot yesterday when we drove home.
    Nice size, great looking pelt but probably not a good place to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    We just returned from Tulameen, didn't get up that way but the Locals say it's clear of snow.
    Lots of bears in the Princeton / Tulameen are, Son has been thru there the last week, seen lots, just picky on what he shoots so nothing shot at yet.
    A fellow HBCer was renting a cabin across the road from us, got a nice big boar a few km out of town.
    Not picky as it's my last weekend. Glad to hear lots of bears in the area. Will give it a shot..thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    There was fresh snow up high Friday night and one road I still can't get into due to the high snow still on the road, but it's not a road you'll find if your new to the area. All other roads are open but one hill in particular is real greasy, if you don't have 4x4 and good recovery gear, if you see mud, turn around!!
    Thanks for the heads up.