Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Bucket List

Re: BC Bucket List

If you're serious about documenting and sharing you should set up a blog somewhere. In the past I've recommended free sites like blogger but it's turned into a big steaming pile of *** since Google bought it.

One of my boys is a digital marketing manager and has set up domains on youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and a website. We have some content from the past couple years and will be trying to get some of it up shortly.

Good luck on the quest! I find it really fun to go new places and hunt new species...sometimes takes me years to figure out and arrow a new species but as mentioned it's the journey!

I agree, the research and planning are half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Happy to report this project has taken a life of its own. As mentioned my 3 kids and there significant others are all committed to helping me get this list knocked out. My Daughters boyfriend hunted with one of my boys and myself last year on a fly in and had already committed to coming on another sheep hunt with me this year. We have 12 days booked starting August 10.
    My two boys , 25 and 27 have rearranged work and life schedules and are both committing two weeks to hunt elk and moose on the Tuchodi with me in Sept.

My 23 yr old daughter starts her last year of RMOT and will be pursuing a career as a conservation officer next year. She wants to get her hat in the ring and has committed to an early season hunt in 2021 with her Dad. I am starting the research on a fly in Caribou hunt. If you have any intel or suggestions you would like to share please pm me.

In an effort to keep the positive Karma credits going I am going to be periodically donating gear to new or young hunters. As a self admitted gear and gun junkie I constantly find myself upgrading, buying , and selling. It wasn’t that long ago that I was struggling to pay bills and feed mouths and can appreciate how buying gear stays low on the priority list.

Thanks again to all, be safe!

Chuck
    Good deal sounds like you are going to have many great adventures, and with people you care about. You may want to get after the bighorns sooner then later for some of the herds are declining and may get a little
    harder to pursue them in the future.
    Wishing you the best of luck and good luck to your daughter in her career choice.

I agree, bighorns and caribou are right up there.

Does anyone happen to have a list of lakes that B.C. Yukon won’t fly into? When I called them they basically said name the lakes you are interested in and they can tell you if they fly there. I know with their ownership there a few spots they won’t take you into.We used them last year, had a lake all picked out and as we were loading the plane the pilot told us that an outfitter had just set up camp on our lake. It wasn’t a deal breaker as we worked around it. I am just starting to research areas for a 2021 Caribou hunt and ideally would like to pick a lake that isn’t occupied by an outfitter and hopefully is in a area that holds caribou.
    Last edited by 264mag; 06-18-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Our family pulled a couple of leh tags, my son got a cow elk for the Tuchodi ( should work nicely for our backpack hunt) and my daughter drew cow elk in 6-08 A for Jan 16 ( her birthday).

awesome, thanks for sharing

Just returned from our 12 day sheep hunt. One of my partners connected on a heavy old double broomer on day 6. He is not a member and I don’t want to post any pics without his blessing. I will be writing a full story once the dust settles between hunts.

I passed on 3 broomed rams, including the one we killed. I won’t shoot a sheep on age. I did find 3 full curls over the 12 days but just couldn’t put a stalk together without risking a kill shot with a 400 ft fall onto a rock field, or was hampered by wind and or dozens of eyeballs.
    At 53 I had to train twice as hard as my 29 year old partners. Lost 8 lbs the month before the hunt and 14 lbs on the hunt itself. I have not been in this prime shape since I was 30. Went in with 63 lbs total gear weight before water and came out heavy.
    My goal to hunt, harvest (participate) and pack out a stone sheep has been accomplished. Already planning next years sheep hunt.
    Next on the bucket list challenge is a 10 day backpack hunt for elk with my 2 boys Sept 19th.
    Be safe everyone!,,
    Chuck
    Last edited by 264mag; 08-26-2020 at 09:27 AM.