Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Bucket List

Re: BC Bucket List

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Good Luck Chuck with that Bucket list ! I HOPE you do it I knew your Dad a BIT but unfornately never meet your Uncle even thou i was up to Faro ! Your Dad and me Had a Cartridge we both thought was Great ! as did your Uncle who built the rifle - the 416 Taylor !

Cheers RJ

Thanks RJ,
    There are 2 of those handmade 416 Taylor’s in the family!
    Chuck

First off, thanks to all the incredible contributors here. From what I have read, Kevan was one of the most respected.
    Mr 264 mag, I had those exact thoughts yesterday as I was walking the dog...as I was encountering others on the walk, I couldn't help but notice some of the older people and a younger fellow struggling to walk with poles (recovering from injury I would guess) and my thoughts drifted to packing heavy loads out of the bush and how I might only have another dozen years of being able to push that hard. I resolved to make these next few years really count and really move hunting way up the priority list...your post was a good little reminder for me to keep that resolve...

We all need to re-prioritize. The whole “global economy” thing has become a bit of a liability. I’m going to get bashed for saying this, but I think the Kung-Flu has done the world some good along with the bad. It is forcing people to rethink what is really necessary and important in their lives. Things can change in an instant, and apparently they do.

Good luck on your quest 264!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

264mag...all the best in your journey to empty your bucket.

Kevan must be smiling, your intent to include his grandkids is wonderful.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Ambitious goals like this are great to have.... but as most of us know, it’s all about the journey getting there!

Best of luck and enjoy the ride!!

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

It’s all about the journey, I should add that I really don’t care if I do the shooting either. I get more satisfaction watching my kids cut tags, especially if they use a family heirloom gun.

Thumbs up Re: BC Bucket List

Hell of a fine tribute to a very fine fellow!
    I am indeed certain he is smiling down at you now, and will be with you on each and every foray you and your family take!

Enjoy The Ride!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

What a terrific post! Thank you for time and contribution. Once the season is over and you're done editing all your videos, make sure you share your YouTube page or whatever platform you choose. I would love to follow this journey along with you.

Good luck in all your endeavors 264!

You have about 5 years on me but lately I too have been looking at the old tape measure and the good years left are slowly disappearing. my son will be in university next year and my daughter a few years after. I have a few more years working to help them get a good start then I'll need to focus on my bucket list too...

Happy to report this project has taken a life of its own. As mentioned my 3 kids and there significant others are all committed to helping me get this list knocked out. My Daughters boyfriend hunted with one of my boys and myself last year on a fly in and had already committed to coming on another sheep hunt with me this year. We have 12 days booked starting August 10.
    My two boys , 25 and 27 have rearranged work and life schedules and are both committing two weeks to hunt elk and moose on the Tuchodi with me in Sept.

My 23 yr old daughter starts her last year of RMOT and will be pursuing a career as a conservation officer next year. She wants to get her hat in the ring and has committed to an early season hunt in 2021 with her Dad. I am starting the research on a fly in Caribou hunt. If you have any intel or suggestions you would like to share please pm me.

In an effort to keep the positive Karma credits going I am going to be periodically donating gear to new or young hunters. As a self admitted gear and gun junkie I constantly find myself upgrading, buying , and selling. It wasn’t that long ago that I was struggling to pay bills and feed mouths and can appreciate how buying gear stays low on the priority list.

Thanks again to all, be safe!

Chuck