Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 45.70 optics?

Re: 45.70 optics?

I ran a 4x fixed luepold. I like it but wanted to go back to the xs sight since its my peep sight trainer for my bigger rifles.both were good. I could only get 3 moa with the luepy and around 6 with the peep. thats just my crappy skills with peeps showig

Quote Originally Posted by sed8ed View Post
    Not to threadjack but did you guys get the skinner sights locally? I've been looking for one for my custom MXLR and haven't had any luck so far, nor can I seem to order one from the states.
    I’ve got a spare Skinner LoPro II (dovetail mount) sitting on my bench. New in the package if you want it. Otherwise, you can order direct from Andy. I used one on my 336BL in conjunction with a receiver rail QD mounted Nikon 1-4x20.
    Last edited by Redthies; 06-25-2020 at 06:45 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

VX-R 1.25x4 with Warne QD rings on mine. Easy on and off to use open sights depending on situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    This scope http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ex-Rifle-Scope would be a great scope for a 45-70 the red dot has 10 different brightness settings, gets you on the target real quick.. Leopold VX-r scopes will do the same thing.
    Anyone have a decent 3-9 x 42 in Leapold I would be willing to trade my vortex listed above + $$$ for the right scope. Pm me.

Out of curiosity, does the quick detach mounts keep the accuracy? My simple mind says it would be out of alignment. I have no experience with these mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Out of curiosity, does the quick detach mounts keep the accuracy? My simple mind says it would be out of alignment. I have no experience with these mounts
    Yes if you go with good mounts. I go with either Warne or Talley. I typically go with Talley screw lock detachable on my mountain rifles because I don’t like the levers sticking out and keep hex wrench with my spare scope so can replace damaged scope in the field with one pre-signted if need arrises. On my marlin levers that I run with detachable rings I like Warne QD in medium height and they work well for me. Others likely work well too, I just haven’t tried them as I’m happy with Talley/Warne
    Last edited by northof49; 06-25-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Redthies, thanks but i'm looking for the express sight in stainless. Who btw is Andy? I should probably know that name but it's not ringing a bell.

I have a red dot on mine. Works great on moving targets as you maintain FOV. Best to buy a good quality one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    I had no problem with on off on my marlin 95g or my blr - i used warne and leupold qd rings on warne steel base's those cheap weaver sh*t bases are junk ! RJ

A low power variable scope like a 2 to 7 or a 1 to 4 would be your best bet. I see alot of votex and Leopold in that range