Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: grouse with the 45/70

Re: grouse with the 45/70

Try this! it works! take fired45-70 brass,reload it a if its 410 shot shells,seal outer paper wads with hot glue! and 45-70 brass holds more shot than 410 loads! works like hot dam! and your rifle will eject fired rounds,these will not feed from tube magazines tho!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Having not read all of the comments post on the previous pages I'll add my comments here and agree with Marks post as well, lead is softer than steel so thus it shouldnt harm the bore, not to mention the wad as well protecting the barrel some /
    now if the wad was to get stuck and the next round was a 45/70 round, then we are talking some serious stuff happening. Ok, enough of that.
    I had some info on the Marlin.444 that included tripple round ball load data that a Gun Writer ( whose name and magazine escape me right now ) along with pictures of patterning and such. The theory behind this developemtn was two fold , close range thumper is a survival situation and for putting some small game on the table if the need where to arise thus not wastea 265 grain round life safer . I will try and dig up the article and post some more info later if there is still interest...wait Ken Waters just popped into my head.. Google here I come.
    Thanks
    Rob

wow I afraid too try lucky you