Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moose hunting some where along the Yukon border

Re: Moose hunting some where along the Yukon border

Thank you for the guidance I think that's probably a good to idea to move around if I don't find any activity

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    alrighty then....here’s hopping then.....lets head from Victoria and frond some big moose and caribou....go right ahead and hand over your intel....who you helpin anyway.....how bout drive north....figure it out
    Wow, it is obvious you have trouble with writing and under standing what is written some times. So I will type this real slow for you to grasp. As stated in my post I have not hunted in the area asked about but did offer what knowledge I have for certain locations in hunting areas 5 and 6. I hope this helps you in understanding my previous post......or am I supposed to tell the member to pound salt as he is a new member, sorry but that is not how I operate. Good luck Wadebray on your hunt
    Last edited by The Donald; 06-07-2020 at 11:53 AM.

it cost $500 in fuel alone to go there and back then theres fuel you use food maintence...the north is big just cause you go that deep doesnt mean theres a moose on every corner...need to find pockets...best of luck...i don think op even knows how big that country is.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    i think it was dick park in zippermouth valley...
    Gladys lake area in 6-25 can be a producer
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

First step is always check your regulations, it tells what is open and for how long. That's a hint on the numbers. Next step is look at your maps, this will give you access. It isn't much good if it's only fly in and you are driving a pick up. Now that you have what you think is road access, is it really a road ? And when was it a road ? Does the road have to freeze to be useful? Is there a native blockade on it. And in the same vein ,do you need to keep one of your party in camp guarding things.

I've some great hunting trips that were mostly into new and interesting country. But didn't get my pants dirty.

yup not to mention the two day drive each way just to scout...i have done it twice withouthgt stopping but slept on arrival not really any gain.

seens how you loose 4 days driving 3 weeks would be a minimum...4 would be wise not even steering you away..just being truthfull. shes along haul and big country..have had moose zig zag run away at 350yds on busyeier spots.

My brother was the Park Ranger at Liard Hot Springs . A Californian asked him "How big is this province? We have been driving for three days and we are still in BC." The American maps always squash down Canada.

I found with a 22 or 24 hour drive, it was better to long day the first one, sleep in a motel, then short day and set up. I use to figure I would average 50 miles an hour (80 KLH) between gas and burger stops. With the big diesel , I get better fuel economy, go faster and have bigger tank, still 100KLH would likely be a push.

My partner mentioned that for one group, between there river boats and their trucks, their fuel bill was over $10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Wow, it is obvious you have trouble with writing and under standing what is written some times. So I will type this real slow for you to grasp. As stated in my post I have not hunted in the area asked about but did offer what knowledge I have for certain locations in hunting areas 5 and 6. I hope this helps you in understanding my previous post......or am I supposed to tell the member to pound salt as he is a new member, sorry but that is not how I operate. Good luck Wadebray on your hunt
    Nice story. Some things aren’t always as they seem though. First post from Victoria, poor grammar asking for info for big moose/caribou for massive area....just a bit off. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one thinking it looked fishy. Maybe just a stand up hunter....maybe not...who knows. Hard to tell without any foreplay. Share away
    Last edited by northof49; 06-07-2020 at 09:39 PM.