Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moose hunting some where along the Yukon border

Re: Moose hunting some where along the Yukon border

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Would there be moose there?
    You bet there is. Big bulls too

The scary part in a campground was the natives pit lamping and shooting right near us. Were talking at least 10 rifle shots. It worked because we moved to a different area. If I recall it was just north of Fort Nelson near some park.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

They’re just looking for roads to block.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

I’d consider two trips within 12 hours versus one longer trip 24 hours drive. In the end, the more time you put into an area is what typically produces results. Something to consider, easier to scout and check trail cams etc

i think it was dick park in zippermouth valley...

Some nice replies here, i don't think the OP was asking for honey holes just a little intel, PM's work well to point him in the right direction. I wish i could help out but have never hunted the area if you want some intel in area's 5 & 6 shoot me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Some nice replies here, i don't think the OP was asking for honey holes just a little intel, PM's work well to point him in the right direction. I wish i could help out but have never hunted the area if you want some intel in area's 5 & 6 shoot me a pm.
    alrighty then....here’s hopping then.....lets head from Victoria and frond some big moose and caribou....go right ahead and hand over your intel....who you helpin anyway.....how bout drive north....figure it out

Tough crowd on this one, I get it though as it's the first post from the member. Maybe if it was worded slightly different the response would be a little more positive. Personally I haven't driven further north than Chetwynd but wouldn't think that it would be hard to find somewhere to camp in the area that they are asking about. I agree that is part of the adventure when going into unfamiliar territory. Good luck on your exploring/ hunting. If your camp gear is easy to setup then plan on spending two/three days in a few different spots once you get up there. Stop to talk to others you see and have fun.
    In some ways I wish that I did more "going in blind" type of trips.

Thank you I did the same thing for my trip to pink for bison last hear its good advice how is the terrain up there for quads ? If you have been

I was thinking I might head up that way myself, like you having not gone past Pink Mountain would just google the area and decide which roads I would like to try, would only spend 2-3 days on each one unless I find enough sign that they are in the area, good luck on your adventure.