Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moose hunting some where along the Yukon border

Re: Moose hunting some where along the Yukon border

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Nice story. some things aren’t always as they seem tho. First post form Victoria, poor grammar asking for info for big moose/caribou for massive area....just a bit off. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one thinking it looked fishy. Maybe just a stand up hunter....maybe not...who knows. Hard to tell without and foreplay. Share away
    Poor grammar, sure every thing is right in your post.

There are others who may read and dream. Even if he was stringing us along. There was some good information on planning hunts. I know I passed on some, as much for others planning hunts.

Just be careful planning a hunt from roads you see on google earth. I took my wife and dad up there on a trip, hoping we could chase down a moose in the any bull season. The hunt was an empic fail as far as actual hunting goes! roads we found on google had 25 foot tall trees and alder on them. Turned out to be one of the funnest trips I have ever been on. Bring a fishing rod, Just pick a spot, jump in the rig and have at it. If you hunt the rut and have a good 10 days of hunting, you should at least come home with some good stories. I know we did. Good luck! You may also want to consider chartering a plane to get in to a good remote spot.

I live in Fort Saint John and the sheer amount of hunters that come up from the island/Vancouver area is absolutely brutal good luck trying to find a spot here our moose population takes a absolute ****kicking ever year from islanders elk fair a bit better because alot are either on private land of in very hard to access land to give you a example on the mile 88 road 3 camps the mile 95 half way 17 camps the mile 132 road 7 camps. Pink mountain area has all but been wiped out by tourists. There is some critters but not like it used to be
    Last edited by 338edgehunter; 07-10-2020 at 04:03 AM.

Try Helgrin Lakes area, just off the highway a bit but no roads, bring a canoe or walk
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by 338edgehunter View Post
    I live in Fort Saint John and the sheer amount of hunters that come up from the island/Vancouver area is absolutely brutal good luck trying to find a spot here our moose population takes a absolute ****kicking ever year from islanders elk fair a bit better because alot are either on private land of in very hard to access land to give you a example on the mile 88 road 3 camps the mile 95 half way 17 camps the mile 132 road 7 camps. Pink mountain area has all but been wiped out by tourists. There is some critters but not like it used to be
    Pink Mountain has been hit hard for a lot of years. Hunters have been pushed north. One of the guys older than me remembered hunting moose in the Cariboo in his younger days.. In the '80 the moose season in 7-B went from August the 15 to December 15 , Now it's one or two weeks in August.