Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I got my LEH accepted June 5th!

Re: I got my LEH accepted June 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    A little FYI. I build these Government online systems. Have done online Gov systems exclusively for 15 years now. Built them in every province of Canada, for mining, oil and gas, wildlife, permitting, environmental management, water licencing. And, we are building them for other countries now.

Our observations, are, while there are always going to be unique situations arise, usually, in a very high percentage of cases (>95%), when a user is unable to make the system work, it is not the system. It is the user. There are a lot of variables (browser being the most common one), but generally the systems are robust enough to manage any amount of concurrent user.

But, as we know, in every case, it is the system that will always take the blame.

What the Dick? Build a better bloody system next time would ya?!

Quote Originally Posted by Maglic View Post
    FYI LEH APPLICATION SITE was down, simple as that. Nothing to do with user.
    Probably was down. I was merely pointing out, an online site is generally going to take the blame, even when it's the user who is inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    What the Dick? Build a better bloody system next time would ya?!
    I'm unclear about the comment. I didn't design, touch, or deploy that system. Was only offering facts from other experience of a similar nature.

The thread was getting too volatile.... thought id throw some humour at it.... you mentioned you build these online systems, I was just poking fun is all. Every one blaming everyone all the time....

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    The thread was getting too volatile.... thought id throw some humour at it.... you mentioned you build these online systems, I was just poking fun is all. Every one blaming everyone all the time....
    Thanks. We're all good then.

ya,,,
    you were supposed to laugh at "What the Dick" maybe someone else will... lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    What a dumb position. System should be available until the deadline, period, end stop.
    A dumb position is waiting to the last minute and crashing the system. but hey, not everyone is smart

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    A dumb position is waiting to the last minute and crashing the system. but hey, not everyone is smart
    LOL, two different kind of dumb.
    You missed the point like few others.
    Nobody is saying it is not smart to apply some(still no mathematical proof how many) number of hours/days before deadline to avoid system crash.

However it is said (would not like to repeat word dumb) that we should expect system to crash.
    But s..t happens,
    At least government is doing right thing, honoring deadline and allowing folks to complete their application manually.

And at the end the issue should not go under the rug but investigated and addressed in order to prevent it.
    It is not LEH application site only but some others as we can see. What better use of tax dollars you can have .

For those smarter, tougher, better organized , Congrats, good for you

Have some mercy on those less fortunate.

P.S. 835 it was funny, still laughing
    Last edited by Maglic; 06-11-2020 at 08:47 AM.

At the last minute I changed my mind and decided to put in for a turkey. Friday after work, everything worked fine for me.