Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I got my LEH accepted June 5th!

Re: I got my LEH accepted June 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    No, by his logic, you had 6 weeks to get them in. The system crashes on the last day every year. It’s government. They’re not smart enough to figure it out, so YOU need to be smart enough to get your stuff in in the ample time before the last day. Should the system work until 11:59 of the last day? Of course it should. Should the Liberals pull their heads out of their butts and not waste 100s of millions on buy-backs that won’t do a lick to increase public safety? Of course they should. But it’s GOVERNMENT. They don’t operate in the real world, and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can work around their stupidity and ineptness.
    Not surprisingly, you completely missed or ignored the extended logic.

Please try again.

I'll make it simple for you.

If the government gives the Public a 6 week application period, what is your acceptable shortened cutoff?
    1 day, 4 days, 1 week, 5 weeks?
    Why is one acceptable to you but not the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguy View Post
    Bingo! Always expect potential problems with govt anything and plan accordingly. Yes we all know it shouldn't be this way, but it is.
    I get it now.

Just take a knee.

Thanks for standing up Five!

A little FYI. I build these Government online systems. Have done online Gov systems exclusively for 15 years now. Built them in every province of Canada, for mining, oil and gas, wildlife, permitting, environmental management, water licencing. And, we are building them for other countries now.

Our observations, are, while there are always going to be unique situations arise, usually, in a very high percentage of cases (>95%), when a user is unable to make the system work, it is not the system. It is the user. There are a lot of variables (browser being the most common one), but generally the systems are robust enough to manage any amount of concurrent user.

But, as we know, in every case, it is the system that will always take the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    A little FYI. I build these Government online systems. Have done online Gov systems exclusively for 15 years now. Built them in every province of Canada, for mining, oil and gas, wildlife, permitting, environmental management, water licencing. And, we are building them for other countries now.

Our observations, are, while there are always going to be unique situations arise, usually, in a very high percentage of cases (>95%), when a user is unable to make the system work, it is not the system. It is the user. There are a lot of variables (browser being the most common one), but generally the systems are robust enough to manage any amount of concurrent user.

But, as we know, in every case, it is the system that will always take the blame.

thank you for this.

it clearly has NOTHING to do with these people bot being able to find “six seconds” as described to apply in a 6 week time frame. But we need to have sympathy he has a company and a child and employs other people !!!

in my mind that should make a more responsible adult, not less.. always someone else’s fault though.

You're dealing with Government, not logic - which is the big point everyone is trying to tell you Buff.
    Right on the front of the regs it says "apply early to avoid the last minute rush" which is a clue that there may be a traffic jam and you may not get it in time.
    We can hold our breath and hope the Government will always do everything right for everybody but back here in reality it won't happen so its up to the individual to do his part. Best way to avoid the last minute rush and inevitable website crash is to do your draws early, those who wait until the last day and get lose out on their 2020 LEH.
    I did mine, set up my son's CORE course got his FWID and residency and got his draws in all in the month of May well before the final days so it is possible to get it done earlier if you choose to............If you choose to!
    If the system was down for the final day - the whole day i would agree with you. But this crashed in the last 3-4hrs from what i understand so i don't care how busy anyone is there is time to get this done prior to the last 4hrs of a 6 week window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Not surprisingly, you completely missed or ignored the extended logic.

Please try again.

I'll make it simple for you.

If the government gives the Public a 6 week application period, what is your acceptable shortened cutoff?
    1 day, 4 days, 1 week, 5 weeks?
    Why is one acceptable to you but not the others?

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Five its good you got to put in your LEH its not your FAULT the system failed. Others on this site have to see that.
    I am sure next year you and some others will try to get in to try to put in the leh a little earlier incase the system crashes or technical issues happen.

People have to think of it this way say you went to a store it was supposed to be open till 9 pm you got to the store at 8 pm and it was closed of course you would be pissed would it be your fault the store was closed not at all it would be the stores fault.
    How right you are - I will definitely put in early!

Interesting insight from the inside - however in this case it was positively confirmed that is was an issue on their end.

thank you for this.

it clearly has NOTHING to do with these people bot being able to find “six seconds” as described to apply in a 6 week time frame. But we need to have sympathy he has a company and a child and employs other people !!!

in my mind that should make a more responsible adult, not less.. always someone else’s fault though.
    You sure enjoy posting responses to arguments that no one is making. I did not blame anyone else, I simply told how I was able to get in, in hopes it may help others. I want to help other hunters, does that make sense to you? Likely not.

Nor do I want your sympathy, I posted those relevant facts in direct response (as I quote the post) to being called lazy.

The fact that I prioritized family and work over hunting make me more responsible not less. I didn't blame anyone else, but I took the initiative to try to get in when I had otherwise been unable, and it worked. Who dares wins.

Agree 100% bubba!

just got a call from front counter bc today. got my draws entered. easy 2 min call. so thankful.
    Last edited by BCHUNTER21; 06-09-2020 at 07:42 PM.

FYI LEH APPLICATION SITE was down, simple as that. Nothing to do with user.