Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I got my LEH accepted June 5th!

Re: I got my LEH accepted June 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I disagree with this. just another cash grab. deadline is a deadline, no matter if a system crash occurs. I will call and make a complaint. Anyone can call in and make up some BS story to get LEH. People that wait to the last minute shouldn't be given a second chance. Just my two cents.
    Your time must have no value to spend your effort on such idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    At first I was thinking this was a bit much...But, its been a week since it closed. I get that the system went down and they figured that wasn't fair, but to me that says "Monday". Today is Friday. Monday at midnight should have been it.

Next year get your shit in before the due date, or suck it up and accept that shit happens and you missed out.
    My email went out to them 8pm Friday when the site was having trouble. They took a week to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    have you not realized in our current society it’s the lazy ones that are rewarded. The lazier and less motivated you are, the more our government and society goes out of their way for you. Like spoon feeding a half wit baby.
    We had a brand new baby that has a disability, I have 5 kids to care for and homeschool currently, and I run a business that employs others and I am working hard to make sure it survives and flourishes after having suffered the lockdown and loss of revenue.

I'm a lot of things, but lazy isn't one of them.

It is frustrating there are so many twats in our community, it makes it hard to attract the next generation. And if we don't, this way of life will be done in the next 20 years.

I posted this to help, and tags will be draw either way. More revenue for conservation is a good thing. (Though the NDP will likely raid the coffers and spend it elsewhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    My email went out to them 8pm Friday when the site was having trouble. They took a week to reply.
    You know, good on you for taking the time to put this up in an effort to help others. A bunch of us jumped your ass over it. That wasn’t your fault, and you didn’t deserve that.

There are a lot of guys out there who are into Schadenfreude, have a good look at why u are saying what u say. Five, good on you for being proactive and writing the email. You can sit back and whine or you can seek redress for a system failure. As for delaying the draw, I doubt it will make a difference and if you can’t organize a hunt with only 4 months advance warning, get a life. Most of us won’t get an LEH, if you are depending on it, you are screwed already. It’s like buying a lottery ticket, lots of hope and not much chance. Still fun. Stop being such dic van dyks to other hunters. There are a lot better fights to fight about hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If it delays the draw which I don't see how it won't it'll screw up planning and requests for time off etc. for guys that got their applications in on time and sets the stage for the same scenario next year.
    I always put in early as the site seems to crash every year, i also don't get to excited as i haven't had an LEH in 9 years so i always plan on hunting gos as usual.

People will bitch about anything without understanding other peoples circumstances. Prioritizing kids and business > LEH. Attempting to put LEH in on time and site crashes = late, but still on time. Thanks for sharing your experience!

If you made time to apply on the last day you could have made time any other day of the 6 weeks it was open. No excuses

Five its good you got to put in your LEH its not your FAULT the system failed. Others on this site have to see that.
    I am sure next year you and some others will try to get in to try to put in the leh a little earlier incase the system crashes or technical issues happen.

People have to think of it this way say you went to a store it was supposed to be open till 9 pm you got to the store at 8 pm and it was closed of course you would be pissed would it be your fault the store was closed not at all it would be the stores fault.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    Your time must have no value to spend your effort on such idiocy.
    Well said Five.
    I will never understand some members of our community,they blame you for being "late" , or stupidity as "no second chance".

First of all, how soon is so soon, maybe site would crash on the first day (as camping reservations), maybe on some other day, it is true that most likely it will be the first or the last day and prudent way is to do it days before deadline. However life is not so simple and LEH is not the only or most important thing in the life of many of us but work, family ... How many times you missed credit card or other payments due dates, it happens.
    Why would you even think that is OK for government site to be down on the last day, as I said before, the only right thing out of this mess would be to honor anyone that was not able to apply for LEH and let them do it.
    The best way was to put info on site that evening to apologize and allow applications for another few days or even a week.
    Much better (and faster ) than doing manual job.
    Second and most important point is that you should be standing for other hunters or fighting for our rights instead of blaming them for being late.

And do not think that this will affect in any way the results of LEH,( and blame Five yet again). It is programmatic and as soon as government bureaucracy decide that you have waited long enough you will get results.
    Last edited by Maglic; 06-07-2020 at 08:24 AM.