Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What size shot for Duck Hunting

Re: What size shot for Duck Hunting

Just go out and get them and deal with the same way as you would a cripple at 30 yards

A cripple @ 30yds catches another one on the way down
    I pride myself on not losing birds at all, ask Lorneparker1 if you don't believe me
    Not my thing I try not to knock legal hunting, and I haven't hunted with you so I can not speak for your lost bird rate. But if its working and your not losing any birds doing it then fill yur boots.
    Again not my thing

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    What kind of a 'SPORTSMAN" shoots at waterfowl at 60--70yards.
    The name of the game is work them in close!!! JEEZE I get sick of this crap!!
    Cheers, Field Marshal.
    Rebuttal

I do consider myself quite the sportsman I have been hunting for 13 years ever since I could follow my grandfather out into the field. I may not have the experience as many of you have on the forum but I think its a stretch calling me not a sportsman for taking shots that I can make.
    I don't see what the difference is if the I still kill and retrieve the duck. The only difference between a 30 yard shot and a dead duck and a 60 yard shot and a dead duck is 30 yards there is nothing unethical about that at all. If the shot did not present itself I would not take it shots like these are never easy and I would only take one if I felt that it was a reasonable chance at killing the duck or goose.
    I am hunting on the great lakes we call the big water where there is nothing in front of you except horizon the ducks are rarely lost and the geese are never lost just wide open expanses of water where the ducks are always retrievable on these long shots.
    I am not perfect though I have lost ducks before, only a handful, never on a long shot though all from shorter range shots where the duck just dives down and grabs on to the bottom never to come up again. Its unfortunate but it happens.

I am just defending myself on this issue because I have the greatest respect to all animals that I hunt and would never ever "spray and pray" as some people would call it at ducks hoping to maybe hit one and maybe not retrieve it i will always make every reasonable effort to retrieve a duck I have walked through flooded forests waist deep water half naked in November for an hour trying to find a wood duck I had shot.

I am sorry that I offended you but feel the need to explain and reciprocate on that statement

Steelpulse feel the pulse
    Last edited by Steelpulse; 10-20-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Thats good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.