Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 evening 2 B&C Bears!

Re: 1 evening 2 B&C Bears!

Awesome harvests! Monster bears! My only question when I have watched your videos is in regards to the meat... is the bear meat still edible after a night of sitting on the bone? I am not saying this to detract from anything, I am just honestly curious. Thanks a lot for the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Awesome harvests! Monster bears! My only question when I have watched your videos is in regards to the meat... is the bear meat still edible after a night of sitting on the bone? I am not saying this to detract from anything, I am just honestly curious. Thanks a lot for the videos!
    Thanks for the question, and one I am happy to answer. Yes, all the meat is still edible. In Manitoba it is not a requirement to keep any bear meat, but we definitely utilize it all. It is actually my families favourite meat, and I've feed them elk and moose every year! I've had guys in the past say that there is no way the meat would be good, but I can assure you I wouldn't feed rotten meat to my children. If it is hot we will skin them right then and there, but the nights here in May get cool. After picture taking, and filming I skin, quarter and debone then put on ice. This has worked for us.

Quote Originally Posted by rattling_junkie View Post
    Thanks for the question, and one I am happy to answer. Yes, all the meat is still edible. In Manitoba it is not a requirement to keep any bear meat, but we definitely utilize it all. It is actually my families favourite meat, and I've feed them elk and moose every year! I've had guys in the past say that there is no way the meat would be good, but I can assure you I wouldn't feed rotten meat to my children. If it is hot we will skin them right then and there, but the nights here in May get cool. After picture taking, and filming I skin, quarter and debone then put on ice. This has worked for us.
    Thanks a ton for clarifying! I could tell from the ethics you have instilled in your son that you wouldn't just leave the meat. I love the videos! It was just an honest question as I love bear meat but I some times wonder what people do with the meat when they come back the next day. Thanks again for the awesome videos and the sound ethics you are instilling in the next generation of hunters!

Damn.....!!! That is a great bear !
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Aw some 2 nice bears for sure

Two great bears! Your son did an excellent job, especially for being 12 years old!!! Congrats!

Very well done those are two awesome bears congrats...

wicked job on the video, nice bears too!! I hope those skulls don't shrink too much.

What kind of mount is your son getting done on his bear ?
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

thanks for sharing.

Great bears both of them. I really like your videos this one was a good one. Its not just shooting a bear and that's it. You could tell your son respected the bear he shot. Your son is turning into a great young hunter. And I liked the music you choose to. Thank you for posting it.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.