Thread: youth hunting

youth hunting

Yeah, our 15 year old grand daughter has decided she wants to go hunting. What does she need? Looks like her Mom has to sign for her license but Mom doesn't hunt, she would be hunting with her Grandpa. Can anyone fill me in on what we need to do to get her license. Yes, I checked the Gov. website but found it confusing. Thanks
    Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: youth hunting

call front counter..mom will have to sign shes allowed you sign reponsibility.

She can hunt small game and birds but would have to cut your tags for any big game animals.

Mom will have to get her, her license and a "permit to accompany" page the youth license is/was only $7 the other piece is free. It right in saying the youth is cutting tags for the accompanying adult for big game but can shoot grouse and rabbits no issue. Try her this year on critters, if she really likes it get her in a CORE class and make full use of the youth season deer up the hill from your place. It's not hard to tag out then.

You still have the place on the river? I'm by there all the time, should stop in as say hi!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Permit to accompany??? Is your grand daughter a B.C. resident?

Page 7 and 8 in the synopsis explains it quite well. Your daughter will need to sign for your granddaughters youth licence and then she would hunt with you and cut your tags if she gets anything. At 15 taking the core course is a great way to educate her and get her her own tags. Good luck and have fun, wish I could of gone hunting with my grandfather❤️

We are planning to do same for our Grand daughter once she turns 10 this Summer - she wants to "go grouse hunting with Grampa."
    Her Dad is fully liscenced, he will get her liscence but as per the Regs he has to have at least 3 full seasons under his belt to be the "Supervising Hunter." He will only be into his 3rd season so I'll be the "supervising Hunter." Dad does, however have to sign an agreement that she will always be "accompanied" by a hunter qualified under the regs.