Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LEH site not working

Re: LEH site not working

At a BOY grantk ! You tell EM ! ALL The POS gov web site's should be working proper in this day and age ! No Excuses !
    I HOPE a few of the Boy's miss out sometime and we will see then if they defend them then ! RJ

Bring on the point system and out with the old and in with the new. Systems should be working for all until the last min before deadline.

anyone know the date of the draws?

Quote Originally Posted by kjudson86 View Post
    So do you blame Kal-tire for not having more local stores to access when it comes to changing out your tires?? The govt isn't going to spend countless extra dollars to be extra prepared for people who can't be bothered to to something well ahead of a set deadline. They aren't here to babysit but to allow you ease of access for 40+ days to apply for draws. They have to set a deadline obviously and its not there responsibility to cater to procrastination.
    Absolutely disagree.
    You can't compare tire store that is physical thing with online software application that can't scale and that is serious issue / bug.
    Government does not need to spend "countless extra dollars" but spend allocated amount of our dollars right way and fix the issue once for all.
    There is no excuse for repeated failures, they need to know what is the peek and fix the online app to handle so many user requests at the same time.
    If they couldn't fix it in time than allow more time for those they failed to do so due to system failure.
    You can't punish anyone for shopping last hour, period.

Maglic is absolutely Correct ! You should be able to apply for LEH right to the Deadline ! But The SHEEP keep letting the incompetent GOV run them ! LOL RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maglic View Post
    Absolutely disagree.

You can't punish anyone for shopping last hour, period.

Sure you can get punished, however it will be indirectly.. you may not get toilet paper, or the tit may be dry? Last minute shiet always something goes wrong, it shouldn’t in theory but in life it will.
    At least if the site went down mid stream you have time left, but last minute? Not to sound bad but my odds are getting better!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Nice story GrantTK but its not a good comparison at all. I applied at 5pm on the last day and the site was working just dandy, took me less than 5 mintutes from logging in to getting an email receipt, Id say the website works pretty damn good. I could have done it earlier but Ive been fishing and working everyday and god damn its June tomorrow?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Nice story GrantTK but its not a good comparison at all. I applied at 5pm on the last day and the site was working just dandy, took me less than 5 mintutes from logging in to getting an email receipt, Id say the website works pretty damn good. I could have done it earlier but Ive been fishing and working everyday and god damn its June tomorrow?!?
    Well I'm happy it worked for you at 5pm, but it definitely wasn't working from at least 8:30pm onwards.

Lots of folks here who don't understand how a website does (or should) work.
    A website isn't a book everyone needs to have in their hand to write in their LEH entries, and no one else can write in it when someone else is using it.

It's a software system that should accept applications from everyone, at the same time. How does Netflix handle MILLIONS of added users when covid19 hits and everyone is home streaming shows and movies? Because it's a well designed system that's been prepared for a surge of users like that.

The LEH site has not, even though there are only TWO instances where it needs to handle high traffic: 1. The LEH application deadline and 2. LEH result release .... That's just TWO times out of the year they need to prepare to handle high traffic and they can't do it.

Government websites are generally quite bad. They don't have a "customer" per-se, so they don't care as much. Not like you're going to stop using a government site and go with the competition. It's why all their websites are outdated and not really that good.

Hopefully you have a lesson learned as this site isn't providing a lot of sympathy. There are lots of fixes that could alleviate some of the crash potentials at the deadline but at the end of the day it is up to the person to get the draws in before the deadline.
    Next time, do it earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    Well I'm happy it worked for you at 5pm, but it definitely wasn't working from at least 8:30pm onwards.

Costs money to buy and maintain servers. Seems silly to spend that money to prepare for the 1 day each year the website goes down. I’d rather see that money go towards fish and wildlife...