Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH site not working

Re: LEH site not working

All of you guys think the government is here to serve you. That went out when politics became a paid profession, Not an honour to serve your fellow citizen.
    We reached the point of no return about 25 years ago.

All the government systems are sluggish at the best of times. Try using discovercamping.ca and that system generates a lot of revenue for the province.

The LEH system gets used 6 weeks a year and is busy one day a year. It'll never be a priority.

I'm pretty sure that on the first page of the LEH site it says "get your draws in early enough because it will be busy at the deadline" ie: We will probably have website issues if too many leave it until the last minute. Yes it's nice if everytrhing works all the time but as we all know there are times when things break. It's not an excuse for the system to be down, but we were fully warned of the possibilty. When will we as society stop looking for someone/something to blame when something goes wrong.
    As for the camping; some people like provincial sites. some people like giant RV's some like tents. some like both at different times of life with differrent family members etc.. some kids like a deserted beach, others the playground at the park. No need to bitch at people because they camp differently than you do.

Nobody should be surprised. This thread (regardless of who starts it) and the last minute site crash are inevitable, annually. Go ahead and complain, but you have only yourself to blame.
    I’ll never understand why people who love hunting wait until the absolute last day. Nobody is “too busy” to find 5 mins over the 6-8 week period and apply.
    Twist and pull.

My dad contacted me on Wednesday and asked me to enter his yearly Island Elk donation. He doesn’t do computers and I had forgotten to do it myself. It was pretty close to a no-go since his residency had expired. I uploaded a recent copy of his drivers licence to only find out it takes 3-5 business days for it to be processed, which would be too late. So I sat on the phone for the better part of 2 hours waiting to get through and in the end a pretty helpful gentleman checked the uploaded DL and updated my dad’s residency credentials. From there I went back on the site and entered his elk draw for him and all went pretty smooth. The guy I had on the phone did say he had never seen it that busy before and expired residency credentials were really clogging up the system since people left entering the draw until the last week only to find out they couldn’t until they had updated their residency.

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguy View Post
    Yes I have never understood the draw to the "camping" at the park facilities. All tucked in by your neighbours twenty yards away in the next campsite. People swarming around and ghetto blasters playing. Kids screaming. Pack a few sticks of wood from the pre-cut and stacked wood area to your campfire. Park rangers walking and driving around checking on the campers out for their "wilderness" experience. That isn't camping!!!

Go out into the middle of nowhere and set up a camp and relax with no people around or hit one of the remote campsites that are on the small lakes many miles from town.

People are such pussies these days.
    The draw for many people is that provincial sites provide a relatively cheap way to enjoy a vacation with family that you only see a few times a year, while keeping it enjoyable for a variety of people. My too-old-to-tent parents can rent a nearby AirB&B if they want, my non-outdoorsy sister's family can still come and enjoy themselves without having to dig a hole to poop in everyday, and all the kids in the group can have free reign to ride around screaming on their bicycles, screaming on the playground, and pissing off the crabby Retiredguy's of the world. I have all fall to enjoy remote camping in solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    Nobody should be surprised. This thread (regardless of who starts it) and the last minute site crash are inevitable, annually. Go ahead and complain, but you have only yourself to blame.
    I’ll never understand why people who love hunting wait until the absolute last day. Nobody is “too busy” to find 5 mins over the 6-8 week period and apply.
    Absolutely. People can complain all they want but the online process is quick and simple if you don't leave it to the last hour of the last day. It's never been easier to apply for LEH.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Every year people race the deadline. Used to be couriers to Victoria.
    Will be the same in 2021 - you snooze you lose.

You're correct. The should use our tax dollars to purchase the bandwidth required for the max traffic year round...literally no business on earth does this. If you leave something to the last minute or right when it launches you have to play the game.

So do you blame Kal-tire for not having more local stores to access when it comes to changing out your tires?? The govt isn't going to spend countless extra dollars to be extra prepared for people who can't be bothered to to something well ahead of a set deadline. They aren't here to babysit but to allow you ease of access for 40+ days to apply for draws. They have to set a deadline obviously and its not there responsibility to cater to procrastination.