Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH site not working

Angry LEH site not working

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute, but trying to get my LEH's in this evening and the GD website doesn't work. Just get HTTP error 503, Service Unavailable.

Got screwed out of booking campsites over and over in the Shuswap because of useless government sites earlier this week, and now this. WTF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH site not working

I thought deadline was 31st until 15 minutes ago when I realized it was tonight! lol last minute and website is crashed.. not fun!

Lol "Useless Government Sites" maybe send in your LEH on time?

Deadline is midnight tonight. I don't set the timelines, but it's reasonable to expect the service to be available up until the deadline.

You totally missed the point. Anything before the deadline is "on time", but the website is completely inaccessible.

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    You totally missed the point. Anything before the deadline is "on time", but the website is completely inaccessible.
    A ton of sites go down when there are a ton of people trying to use it at the same time not just government sites. Happens every year with the LEH site on the last night as guys scramble.

Worked great on Tuesday night when I did mine.

Bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

welcome to the "last minute club" - my nephews id was expired so he pretty much S.O.L

Yep.

My 2 hunting buddies got the shaft too.

Me. I was All In on day 1. And I'll still get a NIL......

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Yep.

My 2 hunting buddies got the shaft too.

Me. I was All In on day 1. And I'll still get a NIL......
    I only asked them 5 times this month if they were in

I'm less upset about not getting my LEH's in than the seemingly "do-nothing" approach to managing these services that we all pay for. I was just going to apply for some low-odds Kamloops draws anyways, so likely nothing lost and I have a few extra bucks in my bank account.

This isn't surprise traffic... opening and closing dates are set by the people managing the service, but nothing is done to ensure that the services we are forced to use and pay for can actually handle the demands reasonably expected to be placed on them. How many BC residents could possibly be online at 11:30 pm trying to enter their LEHs? And the system crumbles with no server scaling. And this is meant to provide services for 5 million BC residents?

The online camping reservation system has always been overloaded when it opens, so what was the solution? Outsource and rollout a bug-laden, piss poor replacement system, do absolutely nothing to improve it or get it ready for re-opening for months while COVID had all the parks closed, and then watch it crash and burn on day 1. Your tax dollars at work!

Rant over, I'm going to bed. Good luck with your LEH's everyone!