Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH site not working

Re: LEH site not working

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    Nobody should be surprised. This thread (regardless of who starts it) and the last minute site crash are inevitable, annually. Go ahead and complain, but you have only yourself to blame.
    I’ll never understand why people who love hunting wait until the absolute last day. Nobody is “too busy” to find 5 mins over the 6-8 week period and apply.
    I’d love to see the statistics of LEH authorizations purchased the last day/win application vs harvest data/hunter not even using opportunity.

If the government overbuilt their systems for the one day a year that it overloads, people would be complaining about the amount of money wasted, and rightfully so. It happens every year, so learn from your mistakes and apply earlier than the last day.
    Good luck ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶.....to me!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    What about them Crashing on the First day of - is that alright ? RJ

NON of YOU should be making up EXCUSES for the POOR Service of the BC NDP Goverment ! RJ
    Unfortunately it is the way it goes whether it be "acceptable" or not to us. I think that every system should work from start to finish but because I understand Murphy's Law, I try to do it after the first rush and before the last. Maybe that is why I don't seem to get the draws I put in for. Lol

I definitely lollgagged waiting to see if we could get a fourth for our moose shared, but I logged in at 8:30pm last night and it was down. Kept trying for 3.5hrs with no luck. I agree with people saying don’t wait till last minute but sometimes it’s inevitable when you’re getting your team together, and it is a little ridiculous that on a day they know there’s gonna be a lot of traffic we can’t get enough bandwidth to allow an opening for four hours before deadline. In the first year of the system they had similar issues and the deadline ended up getting extended. Any sign this might happen again? Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    Nothing like leaving it to the last minute, but trying to get my LEH's in this evening and the GD website doesn't work. Just get HTTP error 503, Service Unavailable.
    So weird.....worked perfectly for me 6 wks ago

Quote Originally Posted by ncaufield View Post
    I definitely lollgagged waiting to see if we could get a fourth for our moose shared, but I logged in at 8:30pm last night and it was down. Kept trying for 3.5hrs with no luck. I agree with people saying don’t wait till last minute but sometimes it’s inevitable when you’re getting your team together, and it is a little ridiculous that on a day they know there’s gonna be a lot of traffic we can’t get enough bandwidth to allow an opening for four hours before deadline. In the first year of the system they had similar issues and the deadline ended up getting extended. Any sign this might happen again? Fingers crossed!
    You never know, if it means more money in their pockets, they might do an extension. If you run into that situation again, have the three guys put in for a group and if a fourth wants to join you, he can just add to the group (apparently easy to do but I have no experience) or he can put in for a single in the same area. That way you don't get screwed.

Lots of excuses here but really not much sympathy from me. They shouldn't extend it or the procrastination will happen again next year.

I would also add I’m of the thinking there should be zero extensions.
    Those who got it done on time should not be penalized with worse odds and longer wait times.
    Twist and pull.

No one asked for your sympathy, just a website that functions properly for it's one and only purpose, under what by now should be well understood usage patterns.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from something that rakes in hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue over the course of 5 weeks each year, just for the chance at spending more on a tag if drawn? Why design a site with a gimmicky and resource-intense interactive map that updates as you punch in your hunt details if you can't support the bandwidth needed to run it and it crashes when 100 people try to log on at once? How hard is it to have a low-bandwidth version that it switches to when under high demand that is just a few hunt-code text boxes, radio button selections, and your payment info?

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    No one asked for your sympathy, just a website that functions properly for it's one and only purpose, under what by now should be well understood usage patterns.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from something that rakes in hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue over the course of 5 weeks each year, just for the chance at spending more on a tag if drawn? Why design a site with a gimmicky and resource-intense interactive map that updates as you punch in your hunt details if you can't support the bandwidth needed to run it and it crashes when 100 people try to log on at once? How hard is it to have a low-bandwidth version that it switches to when under high demand that is just a few hunt-code text boxes, radio button selections, and your payment info?
    Listen I feel ya. I leave way more stuff to the last minute but that's currently not how the internet works...no properly functioning business will waste mucho dollars to satisfy a 12hr period once a year. It's the way it goes...I would however be curious to km now the % of usage spike...judging by the people who have just comment on this thread I bet it's pretty significant.