Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose vs Caribou LEH permits

Moose vs Caribou LEH permits

A read of the BC Limited Entry Hunting Regs Synopsis shows an extraordinary increase in cow/calf moose permits for the second year in a row in areas with Caribou herds. In addition, permits for cow/calf moose in the Kootenays have more than doubled from 98 in 2019 to 210 in 2020.
    Can current moose populations withstand this?

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...h_synopsis.pdf

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose vs Caribou LEH permits

Complete Insanity.
    Any that take them up on these tags should really be shaking their heads!
    Idjuts!

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hmmm we were out for 12 days..constantly seeing fresh moose sign..only 2 bull sets of tracks., however more moose sign than I have seen in 10 years.LOTS of moose sign..every day moose tracks over ours.
    steven

I'm not one for buying an LEH tag knowing full well that I will burn it, but...….. sometimes you've gotta take matters into your own hands. Government has done moose a dis-service in this instance and I will stand by my decision, even though I know that I am about to be roasted by some here...

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm we were out for 12 days..constantly seeing fresh moose sign..only 2 bull sets of tracks., however more moose sign than I have seen in 10 years.LOTS of moose sign..every day moose tracks over ours.
    steven
    Was this in the Kootenays where the cow/calf leh's have increased so much?

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    I'm not one for buying an LEH tag knowing full well that I will burn it, but...….. sometimes you've gotta take matters into your own hands. Government has done moose a dis-service in this instance and I will stand by my decision, even though I know that I am about to be roasted by some here...
    Actually I believe that a lot of bc hunters will agree with you, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Was this in the Kootenays where the cow/calf leh's have increased so much?
    No sorry we were in the Cariboo..
    Steven

Tons of moose sitn like Srupp stated. I will never put in for calf cow with the mousse population being what it is.. bull on the other hand ..
    Member of CCFR

Looking at past leh permit numbers, anyone have an idea of the success ? kills? hunter effort?
    What difference will the increase permits make if things play out the same as in the past? 2? 4?
    LEH is a people tool, not a population tool, or so we have heard in the past

Buying a permit with the hopes of winning just to burn it? With the whimsical concept of saving a moose? saving the world? nice.......
    not at my fire
    Last edited by boxhitch; 05-28-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Any input from BCWF on this ????
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......