Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Spring black bear hunt 2020

Re: Spring black bear hunt 2020

Very nice bear and rug, was the white patch on his chest that much off center.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Very nice bear and rug, was the white patch on his chest that much off center.
    ya wasn’t dead centre , was a weird Y shape
    and thank you
    Member of CCFR

How do you hang a bear on the wall with light damaging it? Just got it back home tonight. How would you attach the bear to the wall hanging?
    Member of CCFR

If your bear is not in direct sunlight, it will be OK for years to come. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The sun will fade it evenly so you won't notice it. I like to use thumbtacks to hang it. Use lots and do it evenly and it will stay up. What did the skull on that bear measure out to?

Where did you send the bear for the taxidermy? There are too many places, I don't know which one is good. Last fall, I contacted a few, and they say it will take about 18 month to 24 month to get it done. But yours seems done within 12 month.

hmm hey T..LOOKED at your photos of your awesome bear..just tough to gauge just how big he truly is...the hide was primo..as in perfect..massive head and mitts..pretty impossible to beat..and Stephen Rutherford did an awesome job on making it show very well.
    if i could make a point TYLER...2 days before your kick ass shot we actually saw his tracks..at first i thought and said i think its a grizzly we reversed and upon further inspection i said NO its a very large black bear..pegged him at about 7 feet from his tracks.
    we spent time at further OUT spots and time at closer spots..with the idea of spending time near the tracks..it worked this time .
    so in 2 years you got on 2....7 foot bears..although 13 kms apart trails and maps and 30 years made it very do able .
    in 30 years not one year i could not have harvested 2 bears..every year.
    again TYLER only years from now will you realize just how special a bear YOU harvested it literally checks all the boxes.perfect.
    well done my friends..James too
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmm hey T..LOOKED at your photos of your awesome bear..just tough to gauge just how big he truly is...the hide was primo..as in perfect..massive head and mitts..pretty impossible to beat..and Stephen Rutherford did an awesome job on making it show very well.
    if i could make a point TYLER...2 days before your kick ass shot we actually saw his tracks..at first i thought and said i think its a grizzly we reversed and upon further inspection i said NO its a very large black bear..pegged him at about 7 feet from his tracks.
    we spent time at further OUT spots and time at closer spots..with the idea of spending time near the tracks..it worked this time .
    so in 2 years you got on 2....7 foot bears..although 13 kms apart trails and maps and 30 years made it very do able .
    in 30 years not one year i could not have harvested 2 bears..every year.
    again TYLER only years from now will you realize just how special a bear YOU harvested it literally checks all the boxes.perfect.
    well done my friends..James too
    steven

thank you Steven! Yes I remember seeing this tracks , very cool. That bear is very special to me already, the entire experience and the memories made, that’s what it is about for me. Hope yours ping well and feeling better.
    Member of CCFR

Update, had the skull measured officially and came out to 20 1/16! Was able to just weasel myself in there with a 20” minimum measurement , one black bear to remember Srupp!
    Member of CCFR

Right on. So what was the officially length measurement on him?

Great bear.

12 15/16 long and 7 1/8 wide , very cool to finally get him measured,
    Member of CCFR