Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 5 whitetail leh

Region 5 whitetail leh

Are there really that many whitetails in the area? Haven't hunted there for a while but I am a bit intrigued by this new draw. Probably been 10 years or more since I've been in the area, usually only mule deer, but a lot can change in that time.

Might have access to some private land in McLeese Lake area if there are any invaders there? Thanks for any info.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5 whitetail leh

I was unaware that it was an leh draw. I have spent time in 5-03 over the past 10 years [ one week a year ] I think our group of 7 has shot 2 maybe 3 whitetail bucks in that time.

^^^The draw is brand new for this upcoming season. Not for all of region 5 though, only certain sections. You gotta look at the map to be sure. Thanks for your input on 5-03 though, seems like they are few and far between.

Hmm yes indeed McLees" lake has whitetail deer.. several pockets of whitetail very selective areas.
    srupp

I saw a whitetail spike buck by Sheridan Lake for the first time the other year.

I have property off of hwy 24. I rarely see any mule bucks, all whitetails on my trail cams. Most of the does are mules but if the bucks are there the females gotta be to.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I had a muley doe fawn out a pair of whitetails last year in my driveway. I see them almost every day and they dont show any muley traits at all. I wonder if they are viable? I'll be watching to see if they reproduce this year.

Quite a number of years a go, I saw a 5 point WT buck out by Puntzi Lake MU 5-12 chasing a mulie doe, and I didn't have a WT tag. I have never made that mistake again. I saw a doe that had her yearling's from the year before (both does) and her fawns from that year around Palmer Lake MU 5-13. All the fawns and yearlings looked like Mule Deer and so did she until she took off. She had a WT flag.

Whitetail antlerless LEH likely means the GOS for whitetail antlerless is gone in Region 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampager View Post
    I saw a whitetail spike buck by Sheridan Lake for the first time the other year.
    I lived in the Sheridan - Bridge lake area for 16 years and some years saw a FEW whiteys BUT never very many YET !
    Mule Deer population is WAY Down in numbers there too ! RJ