Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fortieth Birthday Hunting Trip

Re: Fortieth Birthday Hunting Trip

We were going to do a shiet faced tour, start in NewFoundland and go lobster fishing, from there to Montreal and strippers for two days, then rent an RV and hire some of the strippers to drive the RV then off to Moosejaw to shoot gophers!! It never transpired but maybe one day!!
    Good luck on your 40th!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I had a great guided pronghorn hunt in Alberta. Maybe give that a try. Siver Sage Outfitters.

That looks like a successful trip, I’ll give them shout. Thanks for sharing.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Not really my style but does a cross country fishing/ hunting trip would be good for sure. Minus the STI’s.��
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    We were going to do a shiet faced tour, start in NewFoundland and go lobster fishing, from there to Montreal and strippers for two days, then rent an RV and hire some of the strippers to drive the RV then off to Moosejaw to shoot gophers!! It never transpired but maybe one day!!
    Good luck on your 40th!
    I was gonna do that for my 70th

River Jet Adventures out of Fort Nelson. We went up Tuchodi river in 2017 was a great trip. Kevin was awesome. We now have a trip booked with the new owner Jason. Hopefully same outcome this trip. $1350 per guy.

How were the elk / moose numbers up there? I’d heard wolves were a concern in the area. As for the OP’s question, I’d be looking at an Alberta trophy mule deer hunt or B.C. horseback elk hunt either guided or using a packer depending on budget. The possibility of getting some deals due to COVID might make some of these hunts more within reach for a lot of people.

Couple of comments for you........antelope - if you look at the US hunts you should know you have to put in for a draw and you are already too late in most areas. So you are toast for this year, even if borders opened. The only exceptions are where there are private landowner tags available, such as in New Mexico and those hunts are more expensive, but with no draw needed and an area that produces big antelope, worth looking at. The Alberta hunts are with outfitter allocations so you do not need to draw, but you pay a premium as they are much more expensive than most hunts in the US, including the US hunts with landowner tags.

You are not going to find any cheap northern hunts with outfitters. You may find some offering a reduced rate and in Canadian instead of US funds, but most of us will still find the costs to be a bit much for our disposable income. I think the drop camps with jet boat operators are a good way to go. You could also look at just chartering a flight into a remote lake and do a drop camp hunt. There are also some floatplane operators who have remote outpost fly-in camps with cabins/boats that are worth having a look at.

Wait until next spring. Go to New Zealand. You won’t regret it.

Thanks for all the info fellas , it is most appreciated.