Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Fishing

Bass Fishing

Hey,

Any decent lakes in the Fraser Valley to try catching some invasive bass? Just looking for something easy to introduce a new fisher while providing some fight on the end of the line.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bass Fishing

Mill lake, noel booth park in langley,alberta dyck behind d the abbltsford airport

Forgot hatzic lake and cultus

Mill lake and Albert Dyck would be my recommendations over Hatzic and Cultus. Hatzic hardly has any fish and Cultus is full of invasive pike minnow more so than bass.

Thanks friends

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Mill lake and Albert Dyck would be my recommendations over Hatzic and Cultus. Hatzic hardly has any fish and Cultus is full of invasive pike minnow more so than bass.
    When did Cultus lake get Bass? If some idiot put Bass into Cultus lake it would really explain the decline of the Sockeye that go up Sweltzer Creek! Hatzic lake used to have a good population of Black Crappie, are they still there?

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    When did Cultus lake get Bass? If some idiot put Bass into Cultus lake it would really explain the decline of the Sockeye that go up Sweltzer Creek! Hatzic lake used to have a good population of Black Crappie, are they still there?
    Yup in the regulations it tells people to take them out if caught.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp..._lake_bass.pdf

Why are you only allowed 4 bass out of Mill Lake, but then 20 in other lakes? If they're invasive, why is there a limit to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    I am not sure exactly when they were put in there but I have known people that have caught them with them as their target species. Obviously bass are not the main issue in Cultus but combined with the pike minnow, they probably do play a role with the sockeye. As for Hatzic, there are the odd crappie and catfish around but the lake is very very disgusting now, not that it was ever good. Lol

There's a good body of water by Trinity Western that always have people fishing there, I'm thinking a pond like that holds bass but who knows?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...