Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrinking fishing lic to print

Shrinking fishing lic to print

Any one else do this. Setting must have been of when I hit print, came out the same size as a hunting tag. The QR code was still able to scan and with good eyes it was still readable, singed it put in my wallet. Better than folding up a 8x11 page. Don't know how the CO will like it.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shrinking fishing lic to print

I wonder if keeping the small version in your tackle box/wallet, but the larger version in your truck would help any further questions.

I always shrink down my saltwater license (to about 2/3rd s the size) as I have a small waterproof plastic pouch it goes in with my operators card.

When printing just go into options and choose a smaller paper size and then just cut the excess off. I have been checked and it's never been a problem.

I was told by the CO last year that it is not acceptable to shrink fishing licence .... no ticket .... this time

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    I was told by the CO last year that it is not acceptable to shrink fishing licence .... no ticket .... this time
    That's what my Son was told last year, both on the Fraser and the Interior when asked to produce his liscences.
    Got a warning, no ticket.
    I print full size and fold to fit in the little plastic Go Fish BC holders we got at an Outdoor Show a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Good to know! I wonder if it differs in provincial jurisdiction versus federal when we're out on the salt. In saying that I have not been checked in a couple of years but last time was in Tofino and nothing was said.

It says it right on their web site...Full size paper required.
    About 5 years ago had a CO tell me my reduced size and laminated paper license was not allowed. That it must be full sized. I now see you can use a picture of your paper license unless you need to record retention, that may be the way to go.

Freshwater Fishing-Licensing: Frequently Asked Questions for Anglers
    How do I produce a basic non-tidal angling licence when asked by a conservation officer? Upon request of an officer you may be asked to present your basic non-tidal angling licence. Your licence must be legible and can be provided in the following formats:
    An unmodified paper copy printed on 8.5 x 11 paper;
    An unmodified electronic copy on your digital device (i.e. a photo on your phone, tablet, computer, etc.).
    Note:
    When a conservation surcharge retention record is required, an unmodified paper copy printed on 8.5 x 11 paper is required to record your catch.

Well poop!
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

It does not state anywhere in the saltwater regs that you can't shrink it down a bit for those fishing the chuck. Just went through them and you can have an electronic copy on your phone but if fishing any retention limit species like chinook, ling cod or halibut and you intend to retain you must have a paper license.

Pretty stupid when everything is electronic, just should have to produce your drivers license and they can look it up, the paper ones get wet etc..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...