Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's more to life than hunting

Re: There's more to life than hunting

Wishing you all the best as you deal with this issue. Don't give up hope, although given the first part of your story it's obvious you are a fighter and perhaps a little stubborn which can be a good thing when dealing with crap like this.

Seems you have been through a very tough time ! Hope that you have a return to good health !
    Keep positive as you can !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I wish you the best in this. The liver can repair itself. I don't know the cause of your ailment so I hope it can get better. 15-20 years ago I blacked out in a cross country race, woke up in hospital, liver and kidney failure from " rabdomyolosis?" [ dehydration ] and spent a few days in intensive care. If I remember correctly the liver funtion was down to about 15% normal but in about 6 months it was considered healthy and good again. I was about 25-27 at the time.

I am saddened to hear about your situation.

There are more important things to life than hunting for sure. Hunting can become very unimportant and marinate on the back burner on sim low indefinitely in such times.

When I hear "transplant" / "donor", that is unsettling. However, I have had a few acquaintances go through it. For each it was a process and there were challenges / complications along the way. All made it through to the "normal" or "mostly normal" finish line, back to life as normal. For you, that will be hunting again, one day. The situation is certainly daunting. It's a marathon. I hope you will keep positive and keep us all posted. From the very little bit I know about you, I think you are very strong and determined, more so than myself or most. This too shall pass, eventually. Maybe fall 2021 or Spring 2022 you are back in there. Last thing on your mind, I know. It will happen. Until then, we're all in your corner. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

"The liver is the only internal organ that can regenerate itself. In fact, you can lose up to 75 percent of your liver, and the remaining parts can regenerate itself into a whole liver again."

This is what I pray happens for you. Might take time but it is far better than getting someone's used liver. You won't need any drugs to suppress transplant rejection which would compromise your autoimmune system.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I hope for the best for your future. Thanks for telling your story.Hopefully it can get more men to take symptoms seriously. I have lost good friends to cancer because they did not pay attention to those first symptoms.

If something ain,t right,go to a doctor,do not tough it out.

Once again ,hope your recovery goes well.

Wish you the best ,you will win this battle

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    "The liver is the only internal organ that can regenerate itself. In fact, you can lose up to 75 percent of your liver, and the remaining parts can regenerate itself into a whole liver again."

This is what I pray happens for you. Might take time but it is far better than getting someone's used liver. You won't need any drugs to suppress transplant rejection which would compromise your autoimmune system.
    Heard this before & hopefully the liver regenerates by itself.
    If not there are 2 other possibilities in recovery.

2 Articles

1) In most cases, patients who need a new liver receive one from a deceased donor.

2): living individuals.
    A living liver donation surgery involves removing part of a person’s healthy liver — as much as 60 percent — and using this partial liver to replace the recipient’s diseased liver. In the weeks to come, both the donor and recipient sections will grow to the size of normal livers.
    The exchange, performed on adults since the late 1990s, seems like something out of science fiction.

Donor Article-If you're going to be a donor, you may worry that removing part of your liver will hurt your health. But you can lose up to 75% of it, and it will grow back to its original size quickly -- and work just fine when it does.

"The liver regenerates almost immediately after surgery, and will have reached its near normal size by 6-8 weeks or so"

Wishing you a quick & successful recovery!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Is there a reason why your liver is failing? I am 50 and have been drinking since I was 16 and lived in Whistler for 10 years so I always worry I have something like this in my future. Plus I worked with pesticides for 25 years so I try and stay in shape these days hoping it might give me a bit longer before the inevitable. I hope you find a donor and get back to health.
    Alcohol is never good for your liver and certainly it was not a healthy behaviour To adopt as a bandaid to stress but the quantity wasn't there and it was more of something that I identified in higndsight as being a possible contributor. I dont have a fatty liver or any sign of cirrhosis and it is more of a functional failure. So booze was not a cause of the failure in my case but think twice while you have the chance. What exactly may have been the cause is a number of factors that over the period of 6 months took a toll on my body. Different meds for stress and anxiety and workout supplements, extreme fatigue, the repeated mistake of pushing myself harder and harder and yes booze but it all just created one giant mess and no factor alone should have had such a toll over an extended period of time and I also have a lesion on one lobe of my liver that requires further investigation. It may or may not have been there already but it's difficult to tell with no baseline imaging.
    Last edited by hparrott; 05-21-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and take care of yourself even when times are rough. I am a very VERY stubborn person and if I can avoid a transplant no doubt my body will take that route