Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redfern trail conditions? Anybody been on it recently?

Redfern trail conditions? Anybody been on it recently?

Looking to do a fun excursion with my son next week. Just wondering the shape of the trail if anyone is aware. Thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Redfern trail conditions? Anybody been on it recently?

Was in there last year late sept. Always a beauty

How was the trail late September?

Northriver Midstream is supposed to start deactivating their part of the road on Sept 1.

Look under delegations: http://prrd.bc.ca/board/agendas/2019...68/AGENDA.html

Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    How was the trail late September?
    Have you ever been on it? If so it was fine.

I am heading in on tuesday with my family we are just camping, will spend a few days near 10mile and a few days back at the lake.

Stop in and say Hi. We won't be hard to miss with 11 of us.

Been a few years since we drove in, not worried about the trail, just the road to where we unload. Any suggested locations?

Thanks
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    Northriver Midstream is supposed to start deactivating their part of the road on Sept 1.

Look under delegations: http://prrd.bc.ca/board/agendas/2019...68/AGENDA.html

Just got off the phone with the project manager, her name and number is at the end of the report.
    They do not have a firm date when deactivation will occur, just that their target date for the application was sept 1st. They currently do not have any contracts in place for the work to be done according to the phone call.

They are still working with multiple stakeholders about when that would be.

FYI the plan at this point is to deactivate all the way to the highway or some place close to it. Since it basically is all theirs. They are looking to see if others are willing to take it over as well. While still leaving access for the trail. Just something to be aware of.
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Isnt this part of the Muskwa Kechika ?...There is designated routes and restrictions ...How can they deactivate it...Am I missing something /...Dennis

Cool jello 74. Just me and boy... Heading in Friday. Safe travels! See you there.

Stone killer...I was on it last August. Very dry. Watching the weather it seems wetter this year then it was last year. Interested to see how great the impact on trail mud holes.

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Isnt this part of the Muskwa Kechika ?...There is designated routes and restrictions ...How can they deactivate it...Am I missing something /...Dennis
    My question too Dennis, it is only one of two vehicle access points to the Muskwa Kechika as best I can recall. Not sure how or why they would deactivate it. I didn't go last year, but went the previous 4 years. There are plenty of good mud holes at the start then the trail gets pretty good.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?