Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: boar vs sow - what are your ID tips

Arrow Re: boar vs sow - what are your ID tips

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    500?!? Wow ... how long was he?
    book noggin no doubt?
    Seven feet two inches not stretched. Currently being rug mounted for a good Buddy. Extremely good loft, and very silky hair.

Still haven't gotten to the skull, but believe it will book.
    All this time on my hands of late, methinks I will get to that soon now.

Here's the original story: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...cidence-Factor

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: boar vs sow - what are your ID tips

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Seven feet two inches not stretched. Currently being rug mounted for a good Buddy. Extremely good loft, and very silky hair.

Still haven't gotten to the skull, but believe it will book.
    All this time on my hands of late, methinks I will get to that soon now.

Here's the original story: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...cidence-Factor

Cheers,
    Nog

jeez, i can't believe i forgot about this one. Did you enter it in the book? I don't have it near me right now, but if its 22" they both gotta rank in the top 5 for sure!

Man I suck at judging bears....
    when I saw that picture of the long faced bear I immediately though young bear.... So very wrong.
    Bears are hard to judge.

Good thread.
    I agree with two feet about “ just getting on the board” for those that are new hunters or have limited time.

ive passed up a couple bears this spring that I would gladly have in the freezer now.

Quote Originally Posted by WWBC View Post
    Man I suck at judging bears....
    when I saw that picture of the long faced bear I immediately though young bear.... So very wrong.
    Bears are hard to judge.

Good thread.
    I agree with two feet about “ just getting on the board” for those that are new hunters or have limited time.

ive passed up a couple bears this spring that I would gladly have in the freezer now.
    Yup. Definitely the hardest game species to field judge ..... at least in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Yeah, there's a difference between having time for a challenge and getting on the board. I would be happy with a young bear. Good eats. Cheers,
    Don't forget you get 2 bear tags each year too, at least in most areas I can think of. So occasionally if I find a nice easy eater I will take it and save the 2nd take for a monster.

I've noticed a couple guys mention the hips/ass end. I've been noticing some bears lately that appear to be walking around with a slumped/slouched back end, sometimes looks like they are almost trying to drag their junk on the ground, whereas others with a more upright/higher back end that is kind of the peak. Is this what people are talking about when they say hips/ass end or is this more just to do with how they are standing or the terrain they are going over at the time? Either way, it's not something I've ever used to judge bears myself but was something quite different I saw from bear to bear but none had cubs with them and none were what I'd consider monsters otherwise so nothing definitive to compare them too.