Thread: Young one in need of advice

Young one in need of advice

Hi guys, I’m 16 and I really want to get into sheep hunting in region 3, I’ve hunted there a little bit but only for deer. I’ve read all the threads I can find on open season region 3 sheep hunting and understand it is very hard to find a full curl ram, that won’t stop me from trying though. I’m mainly looking at going to the marble range and around pavilion, but I will go anywhere that may have a better chance. I’m just looking for some tips, not anyone’s secret spot, I’m planning on going scouting sometime in the summer and would like to know what to look for? How about google earth, what should I be looking for on there? How much do the sheep migrate and when?

thanks for your time

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Young one in need of advice

Sheep an be anywhere in that Pavillion country, down by the river, on the breaks above the river, farmers fields, to the steep timber high up from the river. Glass, glass and more glass. Glass everything and everywhere and maybe one day you will spot that full curl.

Also dont get hung up on a ram that is close to be being legal one year (especially if found in early spetember) and hoping to try and find him the next fall. 3/4 curl LEH's open on Sept 20 and a lot of those might be legal next year rams get taken by a LEH tag.

Get out there an enjoy the scenery. Each time I go out there I learn a new spot to glass from and it all adds up to knowing the country for that day when you do spot the ram.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Great to hear from a 16 year old. Full of the desire to get it right, enjoy the outdoors and hunting. Good luck to you in your many years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Sheep an be anywhere in that Pavillion country, down by the river, on the breaks above the river, farmers fields, to the steep timber high up from the river. Glass, glass and more glass. Glass everything and everywhere and maybe one day you will spot that full curl.

Also dont get hung up on a ram that is close to be being legal one year (especially if found in early spetember) and hoping to try and find him the next fall. 3/4 curl LEH's open on Sept 20 and a lot of those might be legal next year rams get taken by a LEH tag.

Get out there an enjoy the scenery. Each time I go out there I learn a new spot to glass from and it all adds up to knowing the country for that day when you do spot the ram.

BHB
    thanks for the tips. I’m just going to go and enjoy myself and do my nest to find a good one. I’ll bring the Binos and spotter and go for a few hikes
    thanks

thank you man, I love hunting and I’ll never stop

Just get out there and go for it man. Good boots ��, it is a journey and you never stop learning. Best of luck!