Hey everyone!

been wanting to get into hunting last couple years, as a lot of my buddies around here are avid hunters. One of them put it as "Camping with a purpose" hahaha

Got my PAL, and trying to figure out how to get my CORE now. Im okay with the online course, but the examination in person is where it gets tricky because they leave it up to the examiner wether they do exams or not. Frustrating

But, what I really came here for was a little direction. First hunting rifle time is coming quickly....2 weeks I'll have my pennies pinched for it lol Now, I get that this industry is a "get what you pay for" scene, but I don't really want to drop $800-$1000 on just a rifle....lots of other goodies to get still to (thankfully my buddies are offering hand-me-downs on almost everything).

Narrowed it down to a few possible choices, lowest price point first. Savage Axis, Remington 783 Heavy Barrel, or Winchester XPR combo with scope. I've read until my eyes hurt, and the Remington seems to impress seasoned hunters as well as first timers. Just wanted to pick brains and see what the real ones out here think. Oh hell....Calibre is .308 because good punch, effective range, and economic to shoot.

Thanks!!!!!