Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Hunting Season

Re: Upcoming Hunting Season

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I would agree with this if the number of cases were much much higher but given the fact that the confirmed cases in BC are extremely low given the total population I dont see the issue. As long as people travel safe, smart and maintain social distancing then what's the issue. We are also talking about months from now.
    The majority of the cases, along with the majority of the population of BC (and a major portion of the hunters ) live in the lower mainland, making anyone travelling from there a higher risk of carrying the virus.

Months from now we could be seeing second or even third waves of the pandemic, so it is pretty hard to guess either way on if it will be a good plan or even allowed to travel as you normally would.

These factors are why the request to stay closer to home and if everyone ignores it and does what they please it could make the situation worse and restrictions could tighten. This isn’t about each of us individually but the good of the majority of the population.

I plan on staying on Vancouver Island. I hear they are giving all of us islanders elk tags so we do not stray too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    So what are your thoughts about the upcoming season in regards to travelling to other parts of B.C.
    to hunt ? As there still as far as I know no definition of what Local is . Are you guy’s still going to risk applying for an LEH hunt if you don’t hunt with family ?
    Arctic Lake
    Jeeez...let it go already. Thought we went over this already

It’s my first year going to the mainland late September. Covid 19 can eat shit I’m sick of all this paranoia I’m just going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I would agree with this if the number of cases were much much higher but given the fact that the confirmed cases in BC are extremely low given the total population I dont see the issue. As long as people travel safe, smart and maintain social distancing then what's the issue. We are also talking about months from now.
    The case count is low because people have been staying home and physical distancing etc. Fall season may be months from now.. but it's also kinda perfectly timed to be during wave 2 of the virus, which will in all likelihood be phenomenally worse than the first wave, because people are stupid.

It's fall in Australia now. They should be having the possible second wave, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I think the fact is that we really don't know that there will be a second wave and we're getting conflicting info on how it spreads, etc.

Gives the "novel" in "novel corona virus" more meaning. As others have said - a few months will make a big difference in what we know and that will effect policy.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    The case count is low because people have been staying home and physical distancing etc. Fall season may be months from now.. but it's also kinda perfectly timed to be during wave 2 of the virus, which will in all likelihood be phenomenally worse than the first wave, because people are stupid.
    Time will tell. In the meantime I will continue to plan for the fall and enjoy my life as such. I for one am not going to live in fear over this.

Saw a graph today, not sure how accurate or true it was, but it was on the Spanish flu of 1918-1919, and the 2nd wave, which came in the fall, Sept-Oct,
    way surpassed the 1st wave in infection.
    Problem is, not everyone is on the same page, whether it be in other countries or even here.

Hell, I saw 3 teen girls passing a doobie around, multiple times, and I can assure you, they aint related.

Somehow, I doubt hunting comes anywhere close to people getting "too close together".
    Been at the Canadian Tire recently around Vancouver????
    It's a free for all and people have totally forgotten "social distancing"!

2nd wave aint going to be because of hunting.
    But I think the 2nd wave is going to make hunting near impossible....imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Hell, I saw 3 teen girls passing a doobie around, multiple times, and I can assure you, they aint related.

Somehow, I doubt hunting comes anywhere close to people getting "too close together".
    Been at the Canadian Tire recently around Vancouver????
    It's a free for all and people have totally forgotten "social distancing"!

2nd wave aint going to be because of hunting.
    But I think the 2nd wave is going to make hunting near impossible....imo.
    Very true,
    and now we should ask why we got only 15 cases of COVID yesterday and most of those case were in Langley Lodge?
    It does not make any sense to just read official data or graphs.
    IMO simple logic/math would tell you that this virus is/should be spread more evenly all across community but we only hear of handful cases: poultry farm, prison, senior home etc.
    IN other words we are much more infected than official numbers.

Regarding hunting, we all know that hunters are well prepared and carry enough supply so we do not represent any real danger to spread the virus. Most of us need only gas, and every station has paper towels just grab one an use it for handle and payment.
    Most likely virus to rural community is spread via either those returning from the trip or supply of goods, neither case it is a hunter, so no need to blame us.

Finally IMO second wave will never come, humans are not natural host to COVID-19 and the virus is already losing the battle. We may get cases and clusters but not pandemic.

happy hunting season
    Last edited by Maglic; 05-16-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Between my son and me we have gotten about 5 moose draws in the same area in the last 12 years so yes, we will be putting in for Leh in our traditional hunting grounds again this year.