Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Hunting Season

Re: Upcoming Hunting Season

Other than stopping for gas, I am self-contained. There is no risk in that. Every gas station is cleaning the handles and card surfaces anyway... or should be. But bring your own wipes, clean before and after, and sanitizing lotion for hands after. Good to go.
    Last edited by Ltbullken; 05-14-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

I hunt pretty locally anyways, so no change in plans. It'll be interesting, though, seeing how the next waves change peoples' attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm all my LEH aplications are local in my region..5..
    except..spenses bridge.dare to dream..
    I think everyone should stick to the region they live in so I can get a LEH..LOL
    good luck to all.
    Srupp
    I have to ask, as I am about to figure out and submit my LEH tonite.
    Is it "true"??? that we can only apply, or will be only possible to win in our region????
    Someone said if I apply for a moose leh in R4 that because I live in the LM, I will have 0% chance of winning.

Hoping someone can confirm this.

Honestly, if I get sick, or start to, I would drive home anyway.
    And I would be on the mainland, self contained with a family member as is asked right now.
    Doesn't make sense to shut it down like that.
    I can understand mainlanders staying on the mainland and vice versa.

Anyways, what's the news on winning outside of ones own Region???

Thumbs down Re: Upcoming Hunting Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    ... Is it "true"??? that we can only apply, or will be only possible to win in our region????
    Someone said if I apply for a moose leh in R4 that because I live in the LM, I will have 0% chance of winning.

To my knowledge, that has not been stated anywhere.
    Although I would not put anything past the Idjuts in Victoria these days...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I have to ask, as I am about to figure out and submit my LEH tonite.
    Is it "true"??? that we can only apply, or will be only possible to win in our region????

Hoping someone can confirm this.

Honestly, if I get sick, or start to, I would drive home anyway.
    And I would be on the mainland, self contained with a family member as is asked right now.
    Doesn't make sense to shut it down like that.
    I can understand mainlanders staying on the mainland and vice versa.

Phone up the gov't and get an official response instead of relying on random folks on the internet. I'm fairly certain there would have been something mentioned officially if what you heard from "someone" was in fact the truth.

I have put in for all my usual draws regardless of where they are in the province and will practice common sense in my travels to and from those areas if I am drawn.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I’m just going where I usually go, if I’m self sufficient and only stop for gas? Like for shiet shakes have more chances going to grocery store or costco!
    I don't think any body is worried about 604s catching the flu in the interior. The fear is bringing it into smaller communities with limited health care facilities.
    As an X member of the 604s ( left in 74 never looked back) I know how important that annual hunting trip can be.
    I think I'd take my chances.

Hunting and fishing are essential activities so travelling to do them is essential travel. I will be doing nothing different this year then previous years. Besides, I come into contact with more people at my local grocery store then I would on a hunting trip.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    Hunting and fishing are essential activities so travelling to do them is essential travel. I will be doing nothing different this year then previous years. Besides, I come into contact with more people at my local grocery store then I would on a hunting trip.
    As in the post above, the concern isn’t for you catching it while on your trip, the concern is you bringing it with you and passing it on while travelling to/from, or getting sick and overloading more limited health care resources of smaller communities.
    it is about keeping the smaller communities safe from infected individuals travelling in from larger centres.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberPig View Post
    As in the post above, the concern isn’t for you catching it while on your trip, the concern is you bringing it with you and passing it on while travelling to/from, or getting sick and overloading more limited health care resources of smaller communities.
    it is about keeping the smaller communities safe from infected individuals travelling in from larger centres.
    I would agree with this if the number of cases were much much higher but given the fact that the confirmed cases in BC are extremely low given the total population I dont see the issue. As long as people travel safe, smart and maintain social distancing then what's the issue. We are also talking about months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    Phone up the gov't and get an official response instead of relying on random folks on the internet. I'm fairly certain there would have been something mentioned officially if what you heard from "someone" was in fact the truth.

I have put in for all my usual draws regardless of where they are in the province and will practice common sense in my travels to and from those areas if I am drawn.
    Yup, when it comes to hunting and wildlife in BC, I am really not happy with the NDP.
    For what its worth, I will apply as I normally do.

Also, as many of us would now prepare for fishing season, I don't see why many of our favorite spots cant be open.
    The one spot at camping where iw could see a concern is the "shithouse".
    So, chain around it and put a lock on it.
    Hell, there are so may folks now with there 30ft + trailers that have a can in them, they don't need the local pit stop hut.
    And for those, like me that don't have one onboard, we could always go out and purchase a "privacy tent" with a port a can inside, as some folks
    already do.

Other then that issue, we keep self distancing and stick to family and all should be good.
    That's how I would run it going forward.