Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Out With Children

Re: Getting Out With Children

Here's just a few pics from our many adventures....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I found we didn’t do much outdoors for the first few years, but as soon as my two oldest were 4 and 5 we were back doing lots of camping and hiking. Kids are capable of so much more than we expect of them. My 4, 9 and 10 year old last year hiked into Nels bight (Cape Scott) which is 17 or 18 kms in one day, they did 10 the next day and then the hike out. They just love every minute of being outside. I always try and plan as many projects as possible. The last few years we’ve been building tarp tents out of sticks and paracord to sleep in this time of year, or a quinzee in the middle of winter.

The big thing is just getting out and trying. There’s so much info on the internet these days you can find out anything you need. The other thing that sets my wife’s mind at ease is the garmin inReach to contact help if something goes sideways. Other than that,plan and be prepared
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Does anyone know of beginner blogs, vlogs, channels etc on the topic? I do have another mom friend who’s actually interested in getting out there too (probably not hunting but to meet up camping).

Is Garmin InReach an app or a gps type thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Here's just a few pics from our many adventures....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Wow! Cool pics! Thanks for sharing !

Maybe consider some info from WildSafeBC and AdventureSmart for a good basis
    Then build on it with some bushcraft, plant/animal identification, foraging for food to add to dinner, etc
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Where in the kootenays are you? Might be easier to point you to easy areas if we knew more about where you are located.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

My son has been out in the woods with me since he was old enough to walk! Ice fishing, hunting, trail cameras, fishing, camping, 4x4ing, Everything! Thats how you get children to care about our environment! Kids know where their food comes from, and that a critter has to die, to get on your plate! Appreciation for the world is taught at an early age! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Nelson/Castlegar/Trail/Salmo area