Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski Spotter

Swarovski Spotter

Hi there,

I am looking at purchasing my first spotting scope. Had done some research and was going to settle on the Swarovski ats 65 with 25x50 eyepiece. Is it worth the extra money to go to the atx 65? Any others I should be looking at?

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swarovski Spotter

Most will argue, but in all honesty, my pentax ED65 will do 99% of what my swarvo 65hd will do. Pentax is a solid option if your wanting to save some $$. On that note, if your counting ram rings at last the minutes of light, the swarvo shines that extra 1%.

I have a swaro 65, and have looked thru a ED65 for hours.
    Decker is correct, there’s not a lot of difference between the two.

I have the ATX with both the 65 and 95 and the advantage of this over the the ATS line is that it is shorter (with the 65 on) vs the ATS 65 HOWEVER it is heavier. I like the ability to select the Objective lens for the activity and if space is an issue, I can split it and store over 2 pockets. I do a lot of glassing in low light and do appreciate the ability to do so with my Swaro's - it's all about your use and expectations.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

If your only using the 65 mm objective the benifet of the atx glass will be hard to notice. 85 and 95 is a different story.

My hunting partner has one it's decent but he compared it last week side by side with the Kowa 77. And all parties agreed the kowa was better.

https://blog.sandsarchery.com/kowa-7...-scope-review/ good review and comparison of the kowa versus other spotters. With the swaro ats 65mm I'd go with the 25x-50 eye piece won't be as dark at max magnification as the 60x with the smaller objective

I am also looking at an ATS/STS 65 but that little Kowa 553/554 keeps popping up....anyone with experience able to try that one out on sheep hunts?

Quote Originally Posted by never.truly.lost View Post
    I am also looking at an ATS/STS 65 but that little Kowa 553/554 keeps popping up....anyone with experience able to try that one out on sheep hunts?
    I am interested in the 554 Kowa as well as it has great reviews and at 28 ozs would be perfect for back pack hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    I am interested in the 554 Kowa as well as it has great reviews and at 28 ozs would be perfect for back pack hunting.

I have a Kowa 773 and I would also love to have the Kowa 553/554. I wouldn’t want to be without the 773, but the smaller one would be a nice option. Just need a lottery win I guess, then I could have it all