Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cam SD Reader

Cam SD Reader

I have been using a Canon Power Shot camera to read my SD cards from my Trail Cam, it's been ok but there must be something better, what have you guys been using?
    When I have a lot of pictures it takes me forever to get back to the start to watch from first to last. Not so bad when there are only a dozen or so but when there are a 1,000 or more it takes a long time to get to start.
    So what do you use and why?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cam SD Reader

I use a sd card reader that plugs into my iphone. All pucs downloaded quickly to my sd for sorting and editing
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I've been doing the same thing with the cannon camera. Not the best as it's hard to get good detail when checking pics in the field (got to wait until i get home and look on the computer too really see what things are). I got the sd card reader for iphone for Christmas, tried it out at home with a trail cam seemed to work good haven't had a chance to use it in the field yet.

I also use a card reader for an iPad Mini BUT it won't play any videos, which I usually have the cam set for. It plays the stills just fine. My cams have the built in screen but like your Canon, it takes forever to scroll through this way. I would recommend a card reader adapter if you are just looking at stills. Good luck!
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

Card reader for phone. No need for external device if you already have a smart phone.

Also, some issues playing videos, but it depends on the camera and which format it takes videos in.

Nowdays I only buy cams with screens anyways. It's so much faster to set it up and confirm that its aimed instead of having to remove the card and use phone to check

Yep, card reader for iPhone. Download pics and video for playback.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

yes, also use a card reader for the iphone, same issue as above where it won't play the videos until I import them, whereas the pics i can view and zoom in on the pic without needing to import
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    yes, also use a card reader for the iphone, same issue as above where it won't play the videos until I import them, whereas the pics i can view and zoom in on the pic without needing to import
    The problem is there are too many formats for video files out there. And to make it even more complicated the same format (ex. mp4) might not play on all devices based on the CODEC that was used to encode the video. It really is quite annoying.

Not sure about iPhone, but my Android will play .mp4 video files. Most of my cameras take videos in .AVI format.
    I tend to keep the cams with screens on video, so i don't have to deal with it.

I always just swap the card out for a fresh one and view them at home on the computer. I have an sd card reader that plugs into my phone. I rarely use it, it takes too much time when you have multiple cams out. When im out there I don't have time to sit and properly go through videos. I have more cams to check....More country to check out since im out there. And Its enjoyable at home when you have more time and you're not pressed for time.

I like to swap cards out, but also do a quick review using a card reader that plugs into my phone.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.