Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Guide Outfitters in for a tough season

Re: Guide Outfitters in for a tough season

It will be an interesting year for tourism in BC. I do nott want to guess what the future will bring but i do know that my wife and our adult kids are itching to travel and if we are welcome this summer we are heading to the mainland somewhere.
    I,m sure there are a few of you mainlanders would love to have me drop in.

I hope the Canadian ones weather the storm. I'd be pleased to hear that there were no American or Kiwi guides and ourfitters making money off BC wildlife. All the talk of money brought into BC by guiding, but when a guy from Texas pays a guy from Montana to pay a guy from New Zealand to show him where a sheep is in BC...how much of that money stays here??
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I've run into a couple of their gates. I've lived all my life in BC.No sympathy at all.

I agree who cares!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I care about the ones who have worked hard to build a life out of this and are BC’ers. Not all of them are assholes. At least my friend isn’t. As much as people are into shadenfreude, I don’t wish ill will on anyone who runs a fair business based on the rules and laws and does it ethically. The jerks, crooks, and poachers are another matter.

Didn't Trudeau give any cash to this industry? he did to the fisherman.

Arrow Re: Guide Outfitters in for a tough season

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Didn't Trudeau give any cash to this industry? he did to the fisherman.
    No, he didn't. He gave a handout to the plant workers, and some fish farms, and said Good Enough - that industry is now covered.
    It wasn't, and it won't be.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

If the price was right I would buy a tag but some of the prices for a trip are crazy high.

Interestingly...but no surprise to me...Trudeau has given generous handouts all over but the Tourism industries and Farming/Agriculture were basically left out. The token gestures amount to a slap in the face for these industries. Hell the arts and other such frivolities are getting a whole lot more money, but no surprise there. He has also failed to do anything constructive for the oil and gas sectors, etc. etc.

The Liberals also have failed to deliver to the seniors. For every senior in a home, there are a hundred or more out there trying to make ends meet while inflation has slowly turned their pensions (if they had one) into a joke. Many forget, due to the socioeconomic cocoon they live in, that most Canadians have barely kept their heads above water over the years and they never made enough money to stash a pile away in pension plans of one description or another. The vast majority of jobs do not have company pension plans as are the norm for municipal, provincial and federal employees.

Trudeau promised an increase to CPP and OAS, which many attempt to survive on, but has failed to deliver. Again we see the slap in the face with a $300 and possible additional $200 dollar one time payment. Wow!!! The things one can do with an extra $20 a week!!!

No I am not surprised by the lack of funding to keep tourism afloat. Multi million dollar lodges for eco-tourism, anglers and hunters sit empty, and thousands of people are out of work with no real chance of any opening for tourism to return in any meaningful way. Not to mention the spinoff to small towns in rural communities from the warm bodies who arrive from the US, EU and elsewhere.

Politicians as a whole are an out of touch lot, out of touch with the common citizen. Many come from high income families and some even live off of family trusts. The only importance the unwashed masses have for them is whether or not they can get their votes to stay in office and on the political gravy train. Trudeau is a joke and he is pushing our country towards a black hole...and no one really knows what it will look like when it comes out the other side. It is safe to say however, that many companies in many different sectors will not survive and Tourism is going to take a real s**t kicking!

I've never stayed at multi million dollar lodges or tourist resorts, nor can I see me ever affording such rich man's play . Maybe you're rich, I'm not. Conventions and cruise ships only pollute downtown Vancouver.