So I was planning on taking a trip for a night or two into crown land around where I live, the plan was for May long weekend and with rain basically being guaranteed I wanted to make sure I could at least have a campfire. Even on a "normal" season it's hard enough to tell what the restrictions are based on Provincial, Regional, and whatever feel-good political bans but now with COVID it's even harder to get a straight answer.

My usual source of truth is: http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...eNews/Bans.asp

I figured if a CO or someone had issue and I could show them this page, that I would be in the right. Would others here agree?

I fall under the Kamloops fire region and as of the time of this posting both "Campfires" and "Forest Use" are unrestricted, which to me says I can venture into crown land and have a campfire.

I've taken a few trips onto dirt roads in the past 2 weeks, in both instances I've seen "No Campfires" signs nailed up on the major roads and entrances. Are these municipal bans? Are these provincial bans?

From my current understanding you can not go to a provincial or federal park and have a campfire, but its OK on crown land?