Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The 40 minute pepperoni bear

Re: The 40 minute pepperoni bear

Awesome story !

Great story congrats on a nice bear

The Cavalier reference was my favourite part. A great story that highlights your commitment. Respect.

Way to go on archery bear. You got me leaning in that direction 👍
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Great story thanks for posting

Nice work! Getting pretty handy with that stick flinger

I was on the fence for quite a while about releasing the GoPro footage from this hunt, I eventually came to the conclusion that with the proper context it could be a good lesson for others when it comes to bow hunting bears...they can be incredibly tough animals when they want to be and regardless of what weapon you're hunting with you should always be ready for a follow up shot or three. Enjoy!

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    I was on the fence for quite a while about releasing the GoPro footage from this hunt, I eventually came to the conclusion that with the proper context it could be a good lesson for others when it comes to bow hunting bears...they can be incredibly tough animals when they want to be and regardless of what weapon you're hunting with you should always be ready for a follow up shot or three. Enjoy!

I'm glad you decided to post it up. Without a lot of raw footage to work with, you were able to add in the context with the intro and voice overlay... hand crank grinder and showing the tooth / jaw infection was a bonus.

People can say what they want. I would have emptied my quiver as well. You still dispatched it a lot faster than it took to track down and finish one of the bears we harvested.

And you come across as a good ambassador for hunting. It is definitely not "material for antis to use against us" should anyone suggest something silly like that... quite the opposite. Good work.

Shit happens sometimes.

i has an elk hunt go western once as well. 6 arrows later the elk died.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I'm glad you decided to post it up. Without a lot of raw footage to work with, you were able to add in the context with the intro and voice overlay... hand crank grinder and showing the tooth / jaw infection was a bonus.

People can say what they want. I would have emptied my quiver as well. You still dispatched it a lot faster than it took to track down and finish one of the bears we harvested.

And you come across as a good ambassador for hunting. It is definitely not "material for antis to use against us" should anyone suggest something silly like that... quite the opposite. Good work.
    Thanks man. To be honest that's exactly what I was concerned about, I felt like the raw GoPro footage on it's own potentially could be viewed in a negative light but hopefully I added enough context to make it a bit more digestible. Now stay tuned for my buddy's mulie hunt where I actually had a lot of footage to work with, it sure is easier filming for someone else compared to self filming!

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Shit happens sometimes.

i has an elk hunt go western once as well. 6 arrows later the elk died.
    Damn. Empty quiver? I've heard elk can be incredibly tough too, one day I'll find out for myself. Called this guy in to 25 yards a couple weeks ago, no season though of course.

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear