[QUOTE=dracb;2182143]
Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
When my hunting partners son got the draw, he looked into getting a taxi/barge to take gear up like his quads.
He said it would cost over 600$, and if i remember correctly, one way (could be wrong on that).

We got to know a couple of the people there, as they were all hanging around the docks when we went up scouting one time.
From there, he got to know someone to stay there.

Oh ya, i already am in line ahead of you for that tag!!!!

Guy that runs the lodge isnt overly liked by most of the residents, at least the one's that hunt up there.
Wont get into more on that whole situation, but there is more issues.
Anyways, my buddy spent time at a residents for the week.
Took his own boat up, and got to use the fellows old pickup while hunting up there!
So, there are some great folks in the area, but you have to take time to meet them, let them get to know you, and let them know you have the draw.

After that, you need to be able to travel "possibly" for 20+ kms, looking for elk, or anywhere in between.
Thats another story.[END QUOTE]

I would bet most of the elk taken in the Pitt are harvested within 5 or 6 km of the dock. Do some scouting before you decide what you have to take in.

i doubt that as the first 9km are mostly private land right of the FSR. Once your past Courbold creek, game on