Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upper Pitt River Elk- Questions

Re: Upper Pitt River Elk- Questions

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Call Danny Gerak at the lodge... he can probably guide you right up to one as well.
    Maybe even tie one to a tree and have him waiting for you when you get there...

116:1 odds... good luck
    A customer of our got two draws up on pitt Lake last year they used Danny and it cost $3,000 return for two trucks and their gear to be barged there

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I sent an email to the lodge, they asked for dates.... so I told them I would get back to them end of June if successful! (Fingers crossed!)
    LOL....love the optimism.....been waiting almost 30yrs now to get a Rosy draw. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    LOL....love the optimism.....been waiting almost 30yrs now to get a Rosy draw. Good luck!!
    I hear ya, been putting in for bison since 1995 and nothing so trying to be positive!
    This has to be the year!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Browningboy, If no success on the Elk draw, would you entertain going up there for Mule Deer instead?

Quote Originally Posted by pconpcs View Post
    Browningboy, If no success on the Elk draw, would you entertain going up there for Mule Deer instead?

Blacktail only in that area!

[QUOTE=Bugle M In;2174204]When my hunting partners son got the draw, he looked into getting a taxi/barge to take gear up like his quads.
    He said it would cost over 600$, and if i remember correctly, one way (could be wrong on that).

We got to know a couple of the people there, as they were all hanging around the docks when we went up scouting one time.
    From there, he got to know someone to stay there.

Oh ya, i already am in line ahead of you for that tag!!!!

Guy that runs the lodge isnt overly liked by most of the residents, at least the one's that hunt up there.
    Wont get into more on that whole situation, but there is more issues.
    Anyways, my buddy spent time at a residents for the week.
    Took his own boat up, and got to use the fellows old pickup while hunting up there!
    So, there are some great folks in the area, but you have to take time to meet them, let them get to know you, and let them know you have the draw.

After that, you need to be able to travel "possibly" for 20+ kms, looking for elk, or anywhere in between.
    Thats another story.[END QUOTE]

I would bet most of the elk taken in the Pitt are harvested within 5 or 6 km of the dock. Do some scouting before you decide what you have to take in.
    Last edited by dracb; 06-19-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

I’ll make sure to post pics of my elk
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Do some people live up there besides the lodge owners ? I saw a massive elk in the back of a trailered jet boat in Maple Ridge one year . I think it was that fella Brian Cummings driving the tow vehicle but not positive .

I have seem some awesome bucks taken out of the Upper Pitt ! I would love to be able to hunt up there but it’s all about the access !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Blacktail only in that area!
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Brian is a good fellow to speak to if you get the draw.

Also, yes, elk can be found close to the peer.
    But, the FN get in there before the Resident winner of the tag.
    So, that "easy bull" is usually gone!.

Yes, the elk can be close, but remember, a few clicks up is private property, you need permission.
    After that, there is some more open room.
    I am just saying, you may have to travel farther then you think, and by foot or mtn bike, can make it a long day.

Yes, unless you take the lodges offer, 3000.00 and vehicles.
    Otherwise, you need boat that can take dirt bikes or quads up.
    Ad barging "isn't cheap" either.

Just so everyone knows, it is a challenge on how to hunt up there, if you don't have the proper equipment.
    Then you need "$$$$".

Few years ago when I was looking into it a local fishing guide said it was around $1000 to barge a vehicle one way. Not sure who he used.

I also saw a small jet boat with a large elk in it driving down Harris road either last year or the one before. Very jealous of anybody that can afford to or that gets to hunt in there.