Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upper Pitt River Elk- Questions

Upper Pitt River Elk- Questions

Hey I think (wish) I'm getting this draw this year, I used to own a jet boat and been up many times in the river system only (Never off the beaches), now what I'm thinking is getting a water taxi of sort to take our gear plus my tracker up there, I know it won't be cheap but does anyone have any names of people that will barge up there? Also does anyone know if there's any cabin rentals or can you rent space at the lodge? We could tent but that area gets a lot of rain so I would rather not tent if that can be helped, so anyone have any info that would be great!
    The crankers coming out of that valley would be what dreams are made of, good luck to the others that applied.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Upper Pitt River Elk- Questions

Call Danny Gerak at the lodge... he can probably guide you right up to one as well.
    Maybe even tie one to a tree and have him waiting for you when you get there...

116:1 odds... good luck
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

Don't waste too much time planning until you get the draw!

Good luck ... but I’m getting that one !!
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Call Danny Gerak at the lodge... he can probably guide you right up to one as well.
    Maybe even tie one to a tree and have him waiting for you when you get there...

116:1 odds... good luck

I sent an email to the lodge, they asked for dates.... so I told them I would get back to them end of June if successful! (Fingers crossed!)
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Good luck ... but I’m getting that one !!
    There's more than the one draw, so you can have one too!

When my hunting partners son got the draw, he looked into getting a taxi/barge to take gear up like his quads.
    He said it would cost over 600$, and if i remember correctly, one way (could be wrong on that).

We got to know a couple of the people there, as they were all hanging around the docks when we went up scouting one time.
    From there, he got to know someone to stay there.

Oh ya, i already am in line ahead of you for that tag!!!!

Guy that runs the lodge isnt overly liked by most of the residents, at least the one's that hunt up there.
    Wont get into more on that whole situation, but there is more issues.
    Anyways, my buddy spent time at a residents for the week.
    Took his own boat up, and got to use the fellows old pickup while hunting up there!
    So, there are some great folks in the area, but you have to take time to meet them, let them get to know you, and let them know you have the draw.

After that, you need to be able to travel "possibly" for 20+ kms, looking for elk, or anywhere in between.
    Thats another story.

Send me a pm when you have time.
    I will have to look into the names where my buddy stayed.
    But wont give it out publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    When my hunting partners son got the draw, he looked into getting a taxi/barge to take gear up like his quads.
    He said it would cost over 600$, and if i remember correctly, one way (could be wrong on that).

We got to know a couple of the people there, as they were all hanging around the docks when we went up scouting one time.
    From there, he got to know someone to stay there.

Oh ya, i already am in line ahead of you for that tag!!!!

Guy that runs the lodge isnt overly liked by most of the residents, at least the one's that hunt up there.
    Wont get into more on that whole situation, but there is more issues.
    Anyways, my buddy spent time at a residents for the week.
    Took his own boat up, and got to use the fellows old pickup while hunting up there!
    So, there are some great folks in the area, but you have to take time to meet them, let them get to know you, and let them know you have the draw.

After that, you need to be able to travel "possibly" for 20+ kms, looking for elk, or anywhere in between.
    Thats another story.
    Thanks for the feedback, I've heard several sides about the lodge owner, but anyways I think the draw would have some adventure built in comparison to just drive up somewhere etc. The area would just be cool to visit, probably be like a time capsule? I did get in touch with a water taxi that has a barge, be $600.00 each way like you say, steep but worth it for that draw! Just getting to explore that area alone would be super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    There's more than the one draw, so you can have one too!
    If you do get it. I may know someone that can help.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER